Wild West Traders For Sale

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by jrm, May 6, 2020.

1. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

Hopefully it is being purchased by somebody interested in selling guns and ammo, and not grills...

Adam5 likes this.
  2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

What if there's more profit to be had in selling grills, ice chests, and outdoor clothing and boots???

3. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

Then give up the pretense of being a gunshop.

The owner that was there when I worked there wasn't really interested in selling guns. I was there for 6 years and the longer I was there, the less the owner was interested in selling guns, and the more he was shifting to grills and other things like gold.

Match10 likes this.
  4. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Was he shifting because he didn't want to sell guns or because the profit was more on the other items?

5. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Actually since Trump took office gun sales had been reduced to minimum and grills were at a maximum. Not to mention Penske truck rentals with all the people moving to new residence because of the good economy.

Archangel likes this.
  6. gunsmoker

I'm too far away from Wild West Traders to make it my regular range, though I am occasionally giving gun laws lectures / seminars there ($10 registration fee, see their website under "training" for details).
    But, I'd like to see WWT and other indoor ranges host a special YOUTH and NEW SHOOTER training hour, emphasizing slow fire bullseye shooting (marksmanship), two weeknights per month (even if the range has to stay open an extra hour to accommodate that), where the rule is quiet guns only-- suppressed weapons, or .22 LR rifles, but no unsuppressed centerfire rifle or unsuppressed handguns (of any caliber).

The idea would be to help raise up the next generation of sport shooters and gun hobbyists, as contrasted with just giving folks to blast away with their carry / home defense guns.

7. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

There is a handgun marksmanship class currently in development at WWT. However since WWT has been sold and has a new owner with a new name I'm not sure where it's going from this point.

Archangel likes this.
  8. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

Haha...good luck with that. The army marksmanship unit put on a clinic at riverbend 8 years ago for a whopping 20.00 with lunch provided and nobody here showed. You are going to need to tactical it up some to get turnout. Maybe have a SEAL’s brother in law come by and answer questions. Target shooting...pffft

gunsmoker likes this.
  9. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Sorry to rain on your parade BUT I already have lots of interest in this course as drafted. I know you really want this to fail but it is so far a huge success. Once it is out of the development stage and is fully in play I don't think there will be a problem with filling the classes since I already have an extensive waiting list for it. Besides who said the army was good at civilian anything?

UtiPossidetis, Archangel and Adam5 like this.
  10. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

I didn’t want it to fail. I didn’t think there was interest in marksmanship. If Iwss wrong, that’s great. That wasn’t meant as an attack on your plans

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Every other range in the area that offers a basic marksmanship class has a waiting to get in. Why would you think that it would be successful?

12. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:13

A former gun store owner moving to Colorado? It's interesting because CO is so liberal.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  13. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Yes that's what I said... I tried everything to stop him but he is insisting on going still.

Archangel likes this.
  14. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:13

Go figure.

15. gunsmoker

I was there today. The range is open, the store is open and selling guns, and ammo.
    I shot there and had a great time.
    Remodeling is going on-- plastic sheets hang where some walls used to be.
    But the place is open for bidness.

16. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

Some people like their weed more than others.

:hide:

17. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Just send him here. Gov. Northam Coonman is all for legalizing it and has a plan headed to the legislature next month.

Nemo