Wikipedia

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:woohoo:

We made the big time!

Ok, well, it's not really "In the News," but I suppose the internet is the news nowadays.

This site is in a link at the bottom.

By the way, that "article"is woefully out of date. Everybody is too busy arguing over "points of view" to bother with keeping up the facts.

2. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

What are you referring to MP?

3. Malum Prohibitum

Wikipedia. Concealed Carry. :D

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

5. jmorin

jmorin New Member

Right off the bat I noticed the wording. Apparently concealed carry is a privilege, not an inalienable right. :x J*sus it sounds like it was written by a d*mn anti-gunner who thinks that like driving, carrying a firearm is a privilege that can be taken away by the gov't.

6. jmorin

jmorin New Member

It is not theoretical. It is a right. PERIOD. And we all understand the consequences if we do not abide by the rules.

I guess you're on my side but your post just sounded so...capitulating.

7. jmorin

jmorin New Member

Oh, brother, you lost me through all your ranting and completely misconstrued what I said. :roll: Let's keep it simple and return to the intent of my original post...I didn't like Wikipedia using the word "privilege" and I certainly was surprised to see a GA gun owner continually use the word "privilege". Yes, the rest of the world views it as a privilege, but most gun owners do not. We view restrictions and laws as an infringement. Again, I'm just falling out of my chair because of what you've said..."it is a privilege."

8. Malum Prohibitum

I view it as a right.

The people who pass the laws and the people who would shoot me or put me in jail view it as a privilege.

The courts view it as a privilege.

Therefore, it is a "right" that we have lost.

Would anyone here contend that if you had to have a license to speak on political subjects outside of your home, automobile, or place of business, even if you spoke very quietly so that nobody heard you (like concealed carry), that you have a "right" to free speech?

If you could go to jail for muttering to yourself on a political issue and a police officer overheard it and discovered you had no license . . .

:jail:

9. Malum Prohibitum

This does not mean I do not think it will become recognized a right again . . . maybe if one more "strict constructionist" is appointed to the Supreme Court . . .

10. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I was the one that added "our" link to the Wiki :)

11. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I went to correct a section of it about the clip carry not being legal in Georgia and noticed the link.