Wikileaks and Julian Assange

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by EJR914, Jan 3, 2017.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I made this thread for everything Wikileaks and Julian Assange related.

Wikileaks and its Editor have now become such a positive mechanism for change in this messed up world, that I feel they deserve their own stand alone thread. As well as thank you to all leakers and whistle blowers all around the world. We thank you. May God Bless them all.

https://wikileaks.org/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WikiLeaks

Julian Assange, editor-in-chief and founder of Wikileaks, which he founded in 2006.

[​IMG]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Assange

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  2. EJR914

If you are interested in such things, I suggest you not miss this tonight if you can at all help it. I'm sure it will be live on Youtube and maybe other places as soon as it happens.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/sean-hannity-julian-assange-fox-news-interview-1201951057/

If Hannity asks the right questions, we may get something juicy.

With this being Fox News, I seriously doubt we will get anything juicy at all. I'm seriously just being realistic.

3. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I keep hearing the intelligence agencies say that Russia hacked us, which I don't doubt. They hack us, we hack them, along with China, the UK, etc. - everyone hacks everyone as part of modern day spying. The AH Administration has assigned cause & effect from the hacking to the loss of the election for the DNC, based on what was leaked to the public. The part that I struggle with here is that, what the public got access to, seems to have come from Wikileaks. Wikileaks swears up and down that no state government, including Russia, was the source of the emails. Further, they seem to claim that the leaks came from a DNC insider.

I don't understand why Wikileaks would lie about this. CNN along with other MSM seems unwilling to call out the WH Administration on the flaw of the cause & effect story that they spew forth daily.

4. nutnless220

nutnless220 Member

When the main stream media reports the story every headline reads " US Elections hacked."
    So obama sends political operatives to Israel to interfere with their democratic elections, spends millions of taxpayer dollars doing so and the media pretty much ignores that. But, hillary and the DNC morons get their lies, deceptions and crimes revealed by Wikileaks, and now there must be some payback rained down on the Russians? To paraphrase my favorite western, their hypocrisy knows no bounds...

So, We are to disbelieve Wikileaks? That to my knowledge has never been caught in a lie and believe the current administration ? Priceless.

Who was it that said “It would not be impossible to prove with sufficient repetition and a psychological understanding of the people concerned that a square is in fact a circle. They are mere words, and words can be molded until they clothe ideas and disguise.” ? Extra points if you know without googling.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  5. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Goebbels. The father of modern US media.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

7. EJR914

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx8gCNQTij0[/ame]

I of course invite you to decide for yourself by watching the footage.

As I sort of expected, no real fireworks. However, the good that can come out of Assange being on Hannity, on Fox News that Republicans love and watch, and people connecting dots that he dumped a lot on Hillary and her cabal, and some people's opinion is that it helped elected Donald Trump is priceless IMHO. I only hope that if Assange ever leaks anything that makes Trump look bad, that Republicans will remember this time and interview, and not ask for Assange's head. If such a thing can be used to wake people up and help them realize who the real enemies are, not the other political party, then all the more better, but that hope is minuscule at best.

First question was about the US Presidential Election that Trump has now successfully won, and any possible connection between the Trump win and leaks made public by Wikileaks.

Repeat of previous answers to the question. Assange answered this already on another less high profile interview a while ago. Typical reserved, intelligent, objective guarded non-answer. He points the finger at the elites assurance of a Hillary win, as well as many others, and how they just simply did not fund her enough.

Next question was about Russia and its involvement with hacked material released by Wikileaks. The narrative that Russia and leaked material released from Wikileaks together had the political agenda of getting Trump elected, or moreover, keeping Hillary out of office.

A really great answer by Assange, but bit longer than normal and he extrapolates a bit more, but basically he reiterates that it was NOT A STATE actor who gave them the hacked emails, ect. He has said this on previous interviews already. He also refutes the strawman the government is using, which is that our voting machines were hacked by the Russian government and that allowed Trump to win the Presidency. He reiterates the veracity of these emails, which Hillary, Obama, et al are not refuting, and the fact they are just made these real emails and words written by these people were made public and read by an American public.

I personally do not believe the US election and its machines were hacked by Russians to give the Presidency to Trump, and I'm fairly sure such a thing is actually impossible.

Assange completely denies allegations that he was working in concert with the Russian government to change the outcome of the election.

He believes the reason the US government is keeping Wikileaks out of its mouth is that they lack evidence of such a collusion between Russia and Wikileaks, or they are just very unsure about it.

Properly, Assange protected his source of the leaked information, as in he wouldn't incriminate the source. Of course, this is how he can continue to get this world shaking information that shows us just a glimpse into the real hidden world that these people work and live in. Completely hidden from the general public. Even lied about to the general public.

Assange: Obama and the government are not lying about Wikileaks, because they are making statements like an attorney, to be very careful not to make false statements about Wikileaks itself. Only blaming Russia, which obviously isn't true.

Some very big stuff was uncovered in these leaks, Clinton Foundation, Rigging Primary, Child Trafficking and Pedophilia, so yeah, this whole Russian BS is a smoke screen to try to take focus off the leaks and onto the false "evil" Red Scare type hysteria about Russia. Russia and Putin are scapegoats to this whole situation. A smoke screen.

Assange: Impossible to know if leaks influenced election for a Hillary loss/Trump win.

The true statements of these people are what influenced the elections.

Assange explains how he's different than American corporate media, meaning Wikileaks releases everything, uncensored, in a searchable format. If say the NYT got ahold of this information first, they would have selective released information in order to create a narrative or even false narrative.

Assange even goes so far to say focusing and repeating this lie is stupid on the part of the Democrat party and this sort of thing is exactly why they lost the election to Trump.

Assange reiterated that if he receives negative leaks about Donald Trump that he would have released them before the election, and would still release it now afterwards. You can take from this he has received no leaks about Donald Trump. If he keeps his nose clean, there won't be any negative leaks about Trump from Wikileaks. All dirt eventually will come to light if made possible by a fed up person.

Assange says a big difference is that they have reliable methods to authenticate data and information before they release it, which is how they have a 10 year perfect record where no sustained allegation towards Wikileaks has stuck.

He further says nobody has ever given them information from a leak and they withheld it, which can't be said of any other organization, especially corporate news. Nobody has even had a sustained allegation of such. If they get a leak, they authenticate it thoroughly and responsibly and release it in an easily searchable way.

Sean, in a respectful and yet tense moment pushes Assange for more information on the leaker, US? DNC? Providers? and Assange respectfully bites his tongue and says he has gone way farther than he is comfortable with in talking about where or what the leakers involvement is. I concur, Asssange may have already gone too far. Trust among Assange and sources is his main life blood to Wikileaks and why he is the go to for all leakers. Its best not to say one darn word, even with the US Government officially blaming Russia for hacking the election.

That only about to half of the video footage. I'm going to go ahead and post. Watch the video if you would like more information.

Previously, some say Assange did allude to a possible connection between information they received and murdered DNC Staffer Seth Rich, who's murderer has not been apprehended yet, and not even a patsy set up for the murder. Nothing. I say Assange chose his words very carefully just like an attorney would.

Edit: More from Fox News on this

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...old-kid-could-have-hacked-podesta-emails.html

Good video from Sean Hannity talking about the interview.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5269479067001/?#sp=show-clips

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  8. EJR914

Savage.

Attached Files:

9. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

Can you identify any false documents posted on WikiLeaks over the past 10 years? How about the New York Times?

Case Closed.

10. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

That's a trick question, isn't it? :lol:

11. ken grant

ken grant New Member

Why more concern over WHO hacked and none on what was said in the hacks?
    There have been many hacks on government sites with no politicians concerned and the DNC is not a government site but all the Dems are going crazy over this.
    As to why , I guess it is because they show the corruption in the DNC to the outsiders and what a cesspool it is and needs pumping out.

12. EJR914

http://washingtonfeed.com/breaking-...e-48-hours-until-wikileaks-destroys-them.html

13. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Because that wouldn't advance the establishment narrative.

14. phaed

phaed Active Member

an information campaign by wikileaks focused on cnn would be much more effective than taking cnn to court. they've already been proven to be in bed with the establishment, so they'll likely be protected.

besides, when they ask julian to show up to court...

15. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

These leaks were terrible, they cost several people their jobs. Hmm, must not have been fake.

16. EJR914

No Democrat or democrat operatives has even made the claim that those emails are fake essentially they've proved those emails to be authentic and real as well as Wikileaks and all of their very intense research and scrutiny on the emails.

Do you think I'll play better Dominoes on cheese or pasta?

It's a valid question.

17. EJR914

Hmmmmmm

Attached Files:

18. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd1ILqt9Vqw[/ame]

19. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWBt-G4dMT4[/ame]