Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife told me she was taking today off work and going to the Probate Court for her GWL.

The next thing I hear is "Clear!" as the paramedics brought me back.

"I thought I heard you say you wanted your GWL, honey."

"I did," she says.

"Clear!"


Totally out of the blue......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,239 Posts
Congrats.

My girlfriend asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day. I said I wanted her to get her GWL. We'll see how that turns out :p.
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
ookoshi said:
Congrats.

My girlfriend asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day. I said I wanted her to get her GWL. We'll see how that turns out :p.
LOL, that's great. Good luck, Ookoshi, I'll be pulling for you. I know that you know this, but it never hurts to explain that you would like them to carry because you love them and you sincerely care about their well-being and safety. :righton:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,239 Posts
SYN ACK said:
Congrats, but that would be a cold day in hell when my wife tells me she wants one..
So what you're saying is, she won't complete the 3-way handshake on this issue?

(Sorry, had to poke fun at your user name)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,447 Posts
I harassed my wife a long time to get hers.. all she ever has said: We will go get mine. She has been saying it for months now.. I think its a delay tactic. She asked the other night, If I got a permit what kind of handgun would I buy her and I told her something in pink... Sorry guys but I'll bribe her any way i can to get her to carry.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,239 Posts
TippinTaco said:
I harassed my wife a long time to get hers.. all she ever has said: We will go get mine. She has been saying it for months now.. I think its a delay tactic. She asked the other night, If I got a permit what kind of handgun would I buy her and I told her something in pink... Sorry guys but I'll bribe her any way i can to get her to carry.
There's nothing wrong with offering her a pink gun for her to get a GWL. Do what it takes so she can protect herself if necessary.
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
ookoshi said:
TippinTaco said:
I harassed my wife a long time to get hers.. all she ever has said: We will go get mine. She has been saying it for months now.. I think its a delay tactic. She asked the other night, If I got a permit what kind of handgun would I buy her and I told her something in pink... Sorry guys but I'll bribe her any way i can to get her to carry.
There's nothing wrong with offering her a pink gun for her to get a GWL. Do what it takes so she can protect herself if necessary.
This! The only way my wife would carry on her person with a GWL was if I got her a small pink stainless gun "because it was pretty."

There's nothing wrong with offering her a pink gun for her to get a GWL, and get her to carry.

I mean I hate to say I had to go that low, but I mean, I love my wife and I want her to be able to defend herself against whatever threat.

You literally do what you have to do. :D :righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,974 Posts
My GF has had a GWL for months but hasn't decided on a gun yet.
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
My GF has had a GWL for months but hasn't decided on a gun yet.
Sweet! Getting the GWL is half the battle. I think its better she find the gun she wants, instead of rushing into a gun that she may not carry because she really doesn't like it later. Don't give her forever, though. At some point she will hopefully choose what she wants.

If not you may have to push her to make a decision with all her choices in front of her. Also, remember, she doesn't have to have just one gun. If she likes two and can't choose, you could buy one now, and then wait a while, and buy the other later, as long as they are different and could serve different purposes. :righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
cute and congrats!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
ookoshi said:
TippinTaco said:
I harassed my wife a long time to get hers.. all she ever has said: We will go get mine. She has been saying it for months now.. I think its a delay tactic. She asked the other night, If I got a permit what kind of handgun would I buy her and I told her something in pink... Sorry guys but I'll bribe her any way i can to get her to carry.
There's nothing wrong with offering her a pink gun for her to get a GWL. Do what it takes so she can protect herself if necessary.
I feel sorry for the poor SOB that tries to assault a woman and gets shot with a PINK gun. :lol: :lol: :lol: Actually, i would just laugh.
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
One of the guys up there at Cro-Bar and I were talking about that. He said, how embarrsing would that be to a man's ego if he knew he got shot with a PINK GUN! :lol: You could carry one, and then when the guy is laying there say, "Ha, you just got shot with a pink gun, how does that feel?" Of course, I'm joking, but I guess that would add insult to injury.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
TippinTaco said:
If I got a permit what kind of handgun would I buy her and I told her something in pink...
My husband threatened to wrap my 92FS with pink grips and I threatened to use it on him!...OMG don't put pink on my guns. :hardhead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
ookoshi said:
SYN ACK said:
Congrats, but that would be a cold day in hell when my wife tells me she wants one..
So what you're saying is, she won't complete the 3-way handshake on this issue?

(Sorry, had to poke fun at your user name)
So hell may have frozen over! My wife actually asked me how to operate the slide on my XDM, and inquired about "girly" guns. There may be hope! :love:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Her license arrived in 9 days -- go Gwinnett!

For comparison, my Florida license arrived this week after 3 1/2 months. Hmmm.

Wifey isn't looking to carry (yet) but she enjoys range shooting with me. She doesn't like the girly-gun stuff and she's pretty comfortable shooting my 9mm Glocks. I have a new .40 and she wants to give it a try.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top