Wife qualified

Discussion in 'Training' started by JMJ2, Oct 15, 2010.

1. JMJ2

JMJ2 New Member

My wife just got through completing her qualification, she works for one of the Armored Truck companies. Anyway the class took 3 days and its 8 hours per day. On the last day they qualify at the range.The class covers alot of the Deadly force laws, basic parts of the handgun, shotgun and the revolver and their procedures for dealing with a threat. There is a written and range test/qualification. She said it wasn't hard because she goes to the range with me and I've taught her most of the basic firearm techniques. Its good to know if someone breaks in my house while she is at home by herself she can slang some lead. She said she will now have the Blue Ga License from the Secretary of State. :D

2. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Good to hear! This reminds of an incident a couple of days ago where I walked past an armored car outside of Pulix as I was entering the building. The lady in the car watched me the entire way, clearing seeing my OC pistol. As soon as I walked through the front door of the Publix, I'm behind the armored car guard that is inside the building pulling/exchanging contents from the same (why Publix has the safe at the front door instead of an interior office is beyond me). From one perspective I'm glad that no one freaked out over the OC or treated me different than anyone else. From another perspective it occured to me that it may have been prudent if the driver could have contacted the guard inside and gave an FYI that someone was entering the building with gun, so at least he could be alerted to my presence. Granted, most BGs don't OC, but it would still seem like you'd rather be safe then sorry.

3. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

Yeah in about 4-6 months :D

4. Hughduffel

Hughduffel Member

My guess is that it forces the BG to attempt a robbery in plain view of the front door, or whatever customers may be in the store (doesn't seem likely).

5. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I suspect that the safe is the explicitly for the armored car pickup/drop off ( they probably do have an office safe somewhere) to make it convenient for the armored car drop, but that stills seems a little risky. I'm right behind the guy, he's got his back to me, and the exit is right behind me. Someone with a little forethought and not so nice intentions could exploit an ugly situation.

6. railin93

railin93 New Member

you could also pose the scenario as this...BG walks in with the intent to rob the store...he sees the safe at the door as an easy get-away and simple...

store sees it like this...BG comes in and attempts/succeeds in a robbery but is close to an outside exit causing less chance for him to stay in the store longer than needed to reduce hostage situations, damage due to panic, and more undue stress and panic on customers that might be in harms way as he exits the building...

i can see where having it close to the door would be a bad decision, but thinking ahead to the people in my establishment, i'd rather have the BG gone and on HD video than in my store with hostages because he couldnt get out fast enough and now he's pissed and wanting to take it out on innocents and store faculty!!!...lives matter, money doesnt

7. Priest

Priest New Member

Congrats to her! Tell her to make sure she doesnt do like a security guard I encountered a few months back that left his pistol in the bathroom at a Jared Jewelers... I was going in as he came out, I saw it and barked to him that he forgot something.... He was embarrassed, but I guess he was lucky it was someone like me that was the next one in, and that I was right there to get his attention before he got out of the store.

8. JMJ2

JMJ2 New Member

I know a Police officer who did this and ended up getting fired when it was reported to her supervisor. Someone else found the gun who wasn't as courteous as yourself. thanks for the congrats.