Wife drew her weapon......

Discussion in 'Women with Firearms' started by galvatron, Oct 3, 2010.

1. galvatron

galvatron Member

We had an interesting morning today. We hit waffle house then ran over to WM for a couple of quick things, before going to the gun show in town. She had her truck I had my bike. I got fuel while she ran inside WM for the needed supplies. I pulled beside her truck, pulled my helmet off and waited. She came back to the truck complaining about some idiot who almost ran her over in the crosswalk. I guess as this truck passed she made a few comments about it's driver and his driving skills. She gets over to me and her truck and the guy & his significant other cruise the parking lot, see her/us and park 2 aisles over. He gets out with a stream of profanity flowing and heads towards us, his partner heads for the store. This dude is 6"6 about 280, toothless and screaming, flailing his arms, threatening us. Generally not happy.. As he approches I move towards the center lane between him and the wife but off to her right. I can't see her at this point she's behind me near the back of our truck. I'm listening to her expalin what's going on. This guy is still pitching a major fit. I OC, and a G21 is hard to miss. He starts going on about pulling a gun on him and I'm lost, I haven't even touched my weapon. I turn just enough to see she's drawn her LCP and is aiming for him. O ****, is my first thought, guy stops after about 2 steps when his small brain finally figures it out. The distance between me and him is the center lane of the parking lot and she's about 8ft behind me. The entire time this guy is moving towards us and screaming I'm telling him to just let it go, walk away. Now he realizes she isn't kidding and starts saying how he's unarmed and she can't shoot him. Now he's says he's going to call the cops because you cant point guns at people. The two of us ask him to do just that, and if he like's we'll call for him. He begins to walk away still cursing and screaming, I still keep the distance between me and him while he's moving away. Adrenaline rush over......
    We stick around for 5 minutes letting her calm down and to see of the police do show up. No police, cool.
    Now he comes back, here we go again.... He walks to his truck fumbles around in the door pocket and under the seat (not a good move on his part,as far as I'm concernend) then heads our way again. Now he's all apologetic, and sorry etc.... I tell him to just walk away, let it go, we're not intersted. Repeatedly telling him to walk away, then he starts again with the bs and cursing, and Now he's calling the cops, cool please do. He walks into WM.
    Bartow County Sheriff responds, they ask us what happened and we explain. They then ask us what we'd like to do now???? Because this guy is looking at aggravated assualt charges if we'd like to pursue it, he did threaten us. The best part is he called the cops....We declined, but asked the sheriff to explain to him that what he did was stupid and he could have been shot. We thanked the officers and shook hands with them and they left. Now after they leave we get to the gun show. I asked her about it and she told me he had 1 maybe 2 more steps, the point where he moved into the center lane, before she fired. She had every intention of shooting him to defend herself. She had the shot, the distance, and background figured out now it was up to him. I'm so proud of her, for having what it takes to defend herself and not depend on me.

2. Ga_Regul8r

Ga_Regul8r Member

I'm glad she didn't have to pull the trigger, and even happier for her that she could have defended herself. Best of all, everyone is okay. It caught my breath just reading it.

3. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

If I were you I would get a copy of that report ASP. Never know, something could come back to bite you so to speak.

4. galvatron

galvatron Member

I asked her to stop at the sheriff's office in the am.

5. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

6. Quest50

Quest50 Active Member

I hope to god my significant other will be able to respond the same way if she's ever put in a similar situation. Kudos to the wife! :righton:

7. seereus

seereus Active Member

Glad everyone is ok.
    Hopefully she taught this jackass a lesson.

8. The Math Teacher

The Math Teacher New Member

I'm glad everything worked out ok.
    :)

9. suttree

suttree New Member

Honest question, would that have been a good shoot? His size would have made it reasonable to think her life was in danger correct? Does your presence affect that?

Glad your both ok.

10. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

OP, my wife has an LCP and wants to know if your wife OCs or CCs and where she carries it. PM me with the answer if you would rather. I cant get my wife to carry 100%. She does carry but seldom just to WM or places she should be carrying. She did read your post! :righton:

11. spector

spector New Member

That is a great question. I can't imagine an average guy drawing in this same situation getting the sympathy of the sheriff.

OP, glad your wife was ready AND kept her cool. Sometimes ATL is full of crazy.

12. fmlaw1

fmlaw1 Active Member

I am glad it did not progress those last two steps-worth.

An :3hat: would have caused y'all a whole lot of headache, any way you slice it. You never know how things will end up, b/c things obviously are not always what they seem.

13. oxfat

oxfat Member

I'm glad it turned out okay. I would have called the police, though. I have read that the one who calls the police first is more likely to be considered the innocent party by the LEOs responding to the incident. Not saying its right, but the mindset of the police is that the person fearing for their life is the one who has called them.

14. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

Man, it seems that Walmart in Cartersville draws out all the nutjobs! :shock:

15. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

location, location, location!

16. galvatron

galvatron Member

I have no idea if my presence would make any difference. The threat existed with or without me being there. Her action was to protect herself, it could be also have been to protect both of us. GA law allows her not only to protect herself but those around her if need be. Honestly I was amazed at her reaction.

17. galvatron

galvatron Member

must be something in the water.....

18. daily packer

daily packer New Member

Absofreakinlutely outstanding!!!! I'm proud of her and she ain't even my wife!!!! :wink: :righton:

19. AzB

AzB Well-Known Member

Good for her!

This also illustrates why I keep my mouth shut these days. If there's a real problem, dial 911. Otherwise, just smile and wave. This whole incident would have been a non event...

Az

20. timbrubaker

timbrubaker I may be slow, but I sure am ugly

Awesome! I married up too!