Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wasn't feeling too well today after work, so my wife volunteered to take our daughter to the park so I could nap for a while. Turns out she was buying me...A brand spanking new XDm 3.8 Compact in 9mm. I am totally psyched to take it to the range tomorrow. I'll post a pic or two later tonight, and a range report tomorrow afterward. Did I mention my wife is awesome? Gotta love a woman who let's you catch a nap AND buys you a new gun on the sly.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Re: Wife brought me a pressnt today...

cocsp2002 said:
So I wasn't feeling too well today after work, so my wife volunteered to take our daughter to the park so I could nap for a while. Turns out she was buying me...A brand spanking new XDm 3.8 Compact in 9mm. I am totally psyched to take it to the range tomorrow. I'll post a pic or two later tonight, and a range report tomorrow afterward. Did I mention my wife is awesome? Gotta love a woman who let's you catch a nap AND buys you a new gun on the sly.
OK I want one like that, a wife that is. I would prefer the same pistol in 40 cal. :)

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts

:eek: Man! That's great! =D>

Can't wait to see your pics of it! 8)

Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
3,286 Posts

dcannon1 said:
Want to trade?

Girls, not guns :wink:
crap. i was just about to offer the same trade.......

well anyway, if the above mentioned deal falls through, let me know.....

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol: You guys are too much. Working on getting the kid in bed...pics to follow!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
cocsp2002 said:
:lol: You guys are too much. Working on getting the kid in bed...pics to follow!
sweet. any bikini shots?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Well, there she is...naked, no less. Hopefully the mods let this one slide...

·
Registered
383 Posts
totally awesome...

there is something about a brand spankin' new gun in the box....

walking out of a store or show with one is like a drug .....

I am waiting on my next one .... March 4th ... and it will be a 1911!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Cool! That is an awesome gift! the gift that keeps on giving. The XD is my favorite gun I own. It has proved itself over and over. I do not have the XDm just XD but I am sure it will prove itself the same.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
cocsp2002 said:

Well, there she is...naked, no less. Hopefully the mods let this one slide...
thats not the kind of noods we were talkin about... :waiting:

i kid, i kid. nice pea shooter.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Man that's one very nice wife! I nap almost every time my wife leaves me alone in the house and all she ever comes back with is groceries, clothes, and stuff for the new baby.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I'm headed to the range to test this bad boy out...I'll post a range report later on!

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
cocsp2002 said:
Well, I'm headed to the range to test this bad boy out...I'll post a range report later on!
Have fun! :D

Love to hear your thoughts about it and read over your experience with it.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
The only things my wife gives me are: 1) a hard time & 2) all of her department store bills. :roll:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
I want to know how it shoots. I have sold 3 so far at the store but they were all from out of towners. I want to know if it is as sweet a shooter as SA says it is. :wink:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wish I had something exciting to say about this gun, but I put 150 rounds down range (well, the wife shot about 40), and they all hit what I was pointing at. I will say however, the best trigger on a plastic pistol that I've personally shot, and thanks to the stiff recoil spring assembly, the softest shooting 9mm I've handled. My wife experienced a stovepipe while she was shooting, but no such luck for me. I'll have her shoot it some more, and I'll try some different ammo. I was shooting 124gr Federal FMJs and did not have any JHPs on hand for testing. I think I'll go with Speer Gold Dots, but it depends on finances. Overall, I loved shooting it and look forward to shooting again!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts