WI: Gov Says Tougher Laws Needed

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, May 23, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

2. Macktee

Macktee New Member

That certainly should improve the situation... just look what it's done for Chicago and New York!

Great idea there Gov!!!

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Yeah! because history has show that....that...... (someone whispers in my ear)....I see......oh really?......

Do it for the children because guns are bad!

[​IMG]

4. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Ok, I spent Saturday through Wednesday in Milwaukee. I saw the local news channels' reports on this story. I saw the peoples' reactions.

Let me just tell you all now... Those people in Milwaukee are so f'ing stupid that nobody there deserves the right to do ANYTHING. The people they've elected in Milwaukee and across that horrible, liberal state have legislated total control over everyone. Now that they've made their beds, they have to sleep in them. Good night, morons.

BTW, it goes without saying that the animals that had the shootout obviously had no respect for the laws, so more laws aren't gonna prevent this in the future. Same old story.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

AV8R...if the quote in your sig line is accurate.....that is awesome.

6. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Ramm,

Thanks. Not 100% sure, but it is widely held that he said that.

I also like:

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

And a more complete version of one I saw in your sig line:

"It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

Patrick Henry - March 23, 1775

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.georgiacarry.com/county/cowe ... %20MSJ.pdf
    Pp. 1-2

8. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Even more than 200 years ago they knew what we say today. And some do not think they knew what they had in the Constitution.

T Jefferson for President in 08!

9. Macktee

Macktee New Member

A very impressive brief (if that's the correct term...) there JRM.

Well done, my man. Well done indeed! Hear! Hear! :bowdown:

Of course, I'm not a totally objective observer here, but I don't see how Coweta Cty has a snowball's chance in hell of winning this one. So, why are they even trying? If I were a taxpayer in that county and realized they're pissing away my money, I'd be pissed!

Overall, a very nice read! I actually enjoyed reading it. I only have one small question........ what ever prompted you to state MP is a "natural person" when we all know better? Man! He's about as unnatural as anyone I've ever met!!! Aren't you afraid that'll screw up your case?