Why violent revolt lies in our future

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Own Defense, Dec 18, 2010.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Good article. I hope that violent revolution never happens in this country. This revolution would be fought in our homes, in our yards, and in our cities and towns. Our children will learn of it with their own eyes. I hope nothing like that ever happens. JFK said it well.

On a side note, I don't think you're allowed to post the entire article here under federal copyright rules. Please cut it down to three or four summarized sentiences. Thank you.

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Don't copy and paste entire articles here. 1-- it's usually a violation of federal copyright law and can get GeorgiaPacking.Org in trouble.

2-- Don't you have any comment of your own? Can you give us an introduction to the article? Tell us what you got out of it that was most interesting or helpful? Why should we read this thing that YOU found interesing at some other website? Keep in mind, we're here at THIS website.

(I realize Malum silently posts links to articles all the time without any introduction or original commentary, but then, with 30,000+ posts, you have to understand he's busy! :lol: )

3. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

4. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

We'll be dealing with North Korea soon... 8) Very soon.

I don't see how this is related to armed revolt. Some of the other blogoffal could be related, but bombing a six-decade enemy into submission is the opposite motivation for armed upheaval.

5. Own Defense

Own Defense Member

First off I thought this would be interesting reading to anybody who wanted to read it. Second i put it in the "off - topic Political", so it wasn't meant to be related to armed revolt. So I don't where you got that idea.
    Third ill just give a link to the article.

6. samman23

samman23 New Member

Thanks. We appreciate you editing to post just a link. Some other websites have been shut down over this type of thing.

7. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

Holy moly. Really? Perhaps it's the title to your thread, and the title of the blogshite?

8. I've been saying that America may have a violent overthrow of our government if things do not change (and not "change" in the sense of Barack Hussein Obama's slogan). People keep saying that if they want to change the government, then they go to a voting booth for that. The problem is, politicians are liars, and use your vote to gain power where they then attempt to implement their own agenda.

You can only "vote out" and "vote in" so much before people finally get fed up with it and take matters into their own hand. At that point, the people must show the government, by any means necessary, that the government is out of control.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

I truly hope we never have this, because of the chaos that would ensue, but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility if this nation's leaders don't get their heads out of their a**es.

9. COMMANDER1911

COMMANDER1911 New Member

I think I heard Mel Gibson say this in The Patriot. lol

10. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

Yes, that was a good article and thanks for posting.

Now I have a couple I would like you to check out and then get back to us. Both were posted before you signed up so I went back and dug them up for you.

Chris

https://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=35250

https://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=35529

11. EJR914

Yep paraphrasing him. You darn skippy. He was right about the first revolution in that movie, and if there is another one, the same truth applies.

12. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

What do you mean if? I think I saw him in another movie playing another patriotic person. I can't seem to remember what movie though. If only I had something to remind me what that movie was.... :-k I think the last words he spoke in that movie before he was disemboweled was "FFFFRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!" (It's been quite a while since I saw that movie, I could be wrong)

13. EJR914

:lol: Well you can feel free to go all Braveheart if you feel like it. I'll sit back and play self-defense for the time being. The .gov will decide when and where, if ever. I'm hoping we can have a political revolution in this country back towards true freedom. Of course, the prospects of such are thing are not looking too good these days. I'm still playing self-defense. If and when the time comes, you and I will know it. Until then, I don't see any reason to go all Braveheart at the moment.

14. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

The article posted by the OP is drivel. It is not news, and it's not even a well written blog. At no time does the author make a point, and there's not even an attempt to connect the foreign military threat with a violent revolt at home. Collecting headlines and regurgitating them all into one "article" isn't sufficient.

15. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

Hmmm. UN is convening an emergency council on the North Korean issue. South Korea is to conduct an exercise on the 21st. Santa might have to make a detour around the Korean peninsula to avoid no-fly/kill boxes.