Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Between 1995 and 1999, only five to nine cases a year involved a child wounding or killing another child with a gun. For children under 15, there were a total of 81 accidental gun deaths of all types in 1999. Any death is tragic, but it should be noted that more children under five drowned in bathtubs or plastic water buckets than from guns.
Why are the people not marching in the streets over these deadly buckets/bathtubs and threatening to come to your home and take them from you :?:

As a couple of reporters told me, journalists are uncomfortable printing such positive gun stories because they worry that it will encourage children to get access to guns. The whole process snowballs, however, because the exaggeration of the risks--along with lack of coverage of the benefits--cements the perceived risks more and more firmly in newspaper editors and reporters minds. This makes them ever more reluctant to publish such stories.
I have been and will continue to teach my girls the proper handling of guns, they will have access when needed.. To bad that they do not report all the news.

John Lott, didn't I see something on this site that he is a bit confused with his facts lately or someting to that effect?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you probably did read about John Lott...he was mentioned in the "more guns = more murders" thread here http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/vie ... php?t=1629

He is known for being pro-gun and de-bunking the "research" conducted by anti-gun groups. I didn't see where he was confused, I thought he was pointing that out about the recent paper on guns=murder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts