Why many cops don't like OC?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GAGunOwner, May 7, 2007.

1. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I was just thinking and trying to figure out why many cops seem to not like open carry.

1) Open carry causes more work for LEOs. There are sheeple out there that call the cops because they spot people open carrying. The cops have to respond to a 911 call.

2) I think many cops view their ability to walk around with a pistol as being one of their "perks." I think some of them see people who open carry as treading on their turf. There may even be cops that see people that open carry as "Wannabees." I think cops also see OC as being "unnecessary" or "wanting to cause trouble."

3) Equality. Cops are used to being fully in charge of a situation. Usually, an unarmed person that they can boss around while open carrying their pistol. They are used to operating from a position of superior firepower and authority. When they come across a citizen open carrying (such as MP or Rammstein) they suddently are forced to realize that in at least one way they are on equal terms.

4) Then there are just the anti-gun ones out there. The "all guns should be banned" or "non-cops shouldn't be carrying guns crowd." For example, the female APD captain that spoke at the committee meeting or those police chiefs.

2. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I think that you are on mark with #1. I don't fully agree with the rest as I think there are too many broad brush strokes being applied.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Interestingly, this is not a question I care much about. If they want to get into "opinion enforcement," rather than law enforcement, they will have to get another job.

4. kkennett

kkennett New Member

The sheeple call 911 for many things that police cannot enforce. OC is just one.

5. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Amen.

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Amen.[/quote:1p3c1c12] :righton: