Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and I had a good natured disagreement yesterday over a Deer. While walking the perimeter of the compound I found a young deer that was caught in the fence. Probably about 40 to 45 pounds with the spots barely visible. Anyway I broke out my trusty multi tool and cut the poor fellow from the fence and appearing to be unharmed other than a minor cut or two ran off into the swamp.
Got back to the house and told the wife about it. First thing out of her mouth was well that makes no sense at all to rescue the deer just to kill it next year. I told her the reason why was about 100 or so pounds. That didn't work. Wanting supper last night I gave up. I have failed in her training.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
6,377 Posts
It could have also been a little out of season. On the other side my wife has me trained very well. I just got home from the weekly grocery shopping. We have enough food to eat for the next week without getting into the back stock.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
6,377 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
17,841 Posts
You must wait until after the first frost. That sets the good flavor in the meat.

Nemo

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Wife and I had a good natured disagreement yesterday over a Deer. While walking the perimeter of the compound I found a young deer that was caught in the fence. Probably about 40 to 45 pounds with the spots barely visible. Anyway I broke out my trusty multi tool and cut the poor fellow from the fence and appearing to be unharmed other than a minor cut or two ran off into the swamp.
Got back to the house and told the wife about it. First thing out of her mouth was well that makes no sense at all to rescue the deer just to kill it next year. I told her the reason why was about 100 or so pounds. That didn't work. Wanting supper last night I gave up. I have failed in her training.
Well Marine, you could've tossed a rope round its neck and penned it to keep as a pet, Oh wait, that didn't work out for "Jody Baxter" (Claude Jarman) and "Flag" (seen below)

Building Black Sky Bird House

• Haha
Reactions: OWM

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You must wait until after the first frost.
We don't have that luxury down here very often during most of the Fall. More important with how you manage the meat after harvesting.

Reactions: TimBob

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,727 Posts
You must wait until after the first frost. That sets the good flavor in the meat.

Nemo
You DO remember what it's like in South Georgia, right?

·
Man of Myth and Legend
17,841 Posts
Yes, I did see a snowflake there once. Honest and for true the Albenny weather guy was predicting flurries in Tifton area and I actually did see a (yes only 1) snowflake. IIRC it was when Atlanta closed and turned 285 into a parking lot.

Nemo

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,727 Posts
Yes, I did see a snowflake there once. Honest and for true the Albenny weather guy was predicting flurries in Tifton area and I actually did see a (yes only 1) snowflake. IIRC it was when Atlanta closed and turned 285 into a parking lot.

Nemo
Nice!

I've been down here over 20 years. It has "snowed" here twice during that time. Both times it looked like a heavy frost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts