Why I carry at work

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by ClayD, Jan 20, 2011.

1. ClayD

ClayD New Member

A customer came in today trying to buy a few hundred dollars worth of electronics. He and his buddy smelled of alcohol enough to be able to smell it a few feet back. A new employee was ringing them up as I approached them at the register. The guys credit card would not go through and so they left with empty hands and a bad attitude. I'm not sure if the new employee had checked his ID to match with his card or not. Later in the evening, when I was about to go clock out, the guy returns with a different friend than the first. This time he was trying to buy a laptop. A different employee was helping them out but came to m e and asked if I would help them. I walked up to them and the original guy was on his phone so I stood by. He then asked me if there was a problem in a manor like I was suspicious or something. I replied with no, that I was just there to help him. After he finally decided what he was getting, I retrieved the item and took it to the register to ring him up. As he attempted to swipe his card, I asked him for ID. He gave a very pissed off look and claimed he didn't have it with him. I politely stated that I needed ID to complete the sale. Now he got angry so I called for a manager. While we wait for the manager, who by the way never showed even after a third time calling for them, the guy is cussing at me, getting racial, threatening me and saying that I was accusing him of trying to steal. As this was happening, my adrenaline is up and I never took my eyes off of him. Since the manager never showed, they finally decided to walk off. Now its past my time to get off so I cancled the transaction, put the laptop back and went to clock out. But I was pretty nervous not knowing if he was still out in the parking lot waiting for me. After all he did threaten me. As I walked out I kept aware of all my surroundings. Fortunantly he wasn't there, but who knows. If he is really that pissed, he knows where I work. This wasn't the first time that I have been threated for doing my job.

And that is why I carry at work.

2. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

... have had the same experience and have done the very same thing.

3. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

Sad that people can be such a pathetic waste of matter and oxygen. :(

4. BWCustoms

BWCustoms New Member

Sounds like your manager is a douche bag.

5. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

Just stay on your toes. He already came back once, so in all likelihood he may decide to again.

6. ClayD

ClayD New Member

Understatement

7. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

manager not douchebag, manager is a feline....... :lol: :mrgreen:

8. JMan

JMan New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Campeck1911

Campeck1911 New Member

I need a small carry gun for work being as I'm not allowed to have it.
    The Bersa doesn't fit in my pocket too well. I wish the Sig p238 came in 9mm. Now that would be something to drool over!

10. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

11. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I wish everyone could carry at work, because everyone certain needs it. Especially in today's environment. There are workplace shootings, and just outright crimes committed in the workplace.

12. goldshellback

goldshellback New Member

.....some peoples children :roll: :sly:

13. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

14. EJR914

15. bushpig1998

bushpig1998 New Member

I've been carrying either a P3AT or LCP and many times with a NAA .22lr in the left pocket. For years. .380 in the right pocket and .22 in the left. Magazine in back left pocket.

Depends on your dress code. Slacks and tucked in shirts force me to stick to the pockets.

16. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

I want to pick up a Walther PPS 9 REALLY bad, but I need to sell the S&W .357 first.

17. lespaulplayer

lespaulplayer New Member

Reminds me of Fast Times at Ridgemont High. "Hope you had a h*ll of a p*ss, Arnold!"

18. EJR914

I've wanted to buy a pretty Walther PPS since I first shot one years ago. They are a fine weapon.

19. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

And here's the difference. If you would have asked me for ID, I would have thanked you instead of getting angry. But then, the name on the credit card and the name on the ID match each other. I bet his didn't, thus why "he didn't have it with him". And yes your manager is a turkey for leaving you hung out to dry like that. Glad they decided to take their buisiness (and probably stolen card) elsewhere and leave you alone.

20. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Don't sell it short - that's why many of us carry period. It may not be the exact situation, but it is way too easy for someone to believe that they have a problem with you and feel that they need to resolve that problem through violence for no sane reason whatsoever. Someone may think that you cut them off on the road, deliberately bumped their carriage at Kroger, looked at them the wrong way at Best Buy, took their spot in a parking lot, they don't like the fact you didn't shave today, etc. etc. etc.

You never know when or where you're going to encounter a person that decides that they have an issue with you. That's why I carry.