Why do you dwell on what the laws say?

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by AlexGCO, Oct 16, 2010.

1. AlexGCO

AlexGCO New Member

I see so many posts on here asking what the laws are that are controlling the individual rights of people that carry firearms. Most of you just follow what the laws are rather than trying to get a grip on the fact that carrying a firearm is a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT. Do you have to get a licence to practice your first amendment right of free speech? If the government required you to get a licence to exercise that right, would you go to the courthouse to get a license so you could speak freely? Would you post comments asking where you could speak your mind? WHY ARE YOU OKAY WITH THIS!? You are sheep? Georgia Carry is an organization that is trying to change these things, yet you all post ideas and questions asking what you can do to stay within the constraints of the laws that regulate terms of a second amendment right. What is wrong with you people? This is a serious question and deserves serious thought before you respond. Driving a car is a privilege. NOT a right. You have to pay for a license, and pass a test to get a drivers license because it's a privilege. Carrying a firearm is a constitutional right. Yet you treat it as if you're okay with the government telling you that you have to get a licence is okay with you. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!? It's your 2nd amendment right, and the laws only affect the people that qualify to exercise it, and you are sheep. Georgia has over 400,000 GFL holders. Why does Georgia Carry only have 6000 members? I can only guess that 394,000 GFL holders are idiots that don't understand the difference between a right, and a privilege.

2. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Because, sir, we wish to work within the law wherever possible in order to change the laws. Nice try with the "sheep" thing, though. Buh-bye.

3. dunkel

dunkel New Member

Slow your roll, there buddy. It's obvious you are passionate about the issue, but show a little respect.

We've made huge strides in the last few years and there's more planned in the not too distant future. If you want to be the test case for Constitutional Carry in Georgia, by all means go for it. But we didn't get to this point overnight and we're not going to get out of it overnight either. The good folks at GCO are working the system to get us where we want to be. I'm sure they'd be open to the idea of apologizing if it's not happening quick enough to satisfy you.

4. AV8R

AV8R Banned

He's trolling... check out some of his other posts.

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

You must be real expert at making friends and influencing people. :roll:

Do you have a GWL?
    Do you just ignore laws that you disagree with?

Are you claiming that we should just ignore the laws and do as we wish? GCO works from within the system to influence our laws in a positive manner. Until we get more of our laws fixed or eliminated, we need to stay within the confines of current law. What good does it do for us to claim that gun regulation only controls law abiding citizens, if we are refusing to obey current law, just like common criminals?

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

+1

But before you do, take GCO out of any references to you so that you don't bring us all down with you.

7. AlexGCO

AlexGCO New Member

"He's trolling... check out some of his other posts."

Yes. By all means, check out some of my other posts. My anger comes from the fact that GCO only has 6000 members, and there are 400,000 people with GFL's. Troll my :censored:.

8. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

Alex,

Please clean up the language in this thread and some others I've read tonight. The gentleman that owns this sight wishes to keep the content here family friendly, and you agreed to abide by his rules when you registered on this sight.

Tim

9. AlexGCO

AlexGCO New Member

What are you talking about? What language?

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Your word that you used there is a violation of the rules of this sight. You agreed to the rules when you registered here.

11. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

The second amendment forbids all gun control laws, period.
    I agree it doesn't say you only have these rights AFTER you get a permit from the State.
    The 2nd Am. does not say "reasonable" gun control. It doesn't say "this Amendment shall not apply to children, convicted criminals, mentally ill people." It does not say you have the right to keep and bear arms "except when attending a speech by the President of the United States" or "except in church." And it does not limit the types of "arms" that you have this right to keep and bear, now does it?

So what you're saying, Alex, is that you can own any weapon you can build or afford to buy. YOu can keep it loaded and ready to go, and you can carry it anywhere. And any other living human being that is strong enough to flip a safety switch or pull a trigger has this same right as you do. Any gun, any person, anywhere and everywhere, no permits and no registration!!!! Right???

I don't think I want to go quite that far. So I guess that makes me a sheep.

12. higabyte

higabyte New Member

Cause getting 400,000 members can just happen overnight right? We're at an average of a little over 4 members per day since GCO has started. How many of those have you helped recruit? Are you even a member?

And how about you live by your quote? Aren't thrilled with GCO? Don't think the laws are "okay", well give it some time, "it's not the end"...

13. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

PM sent.

14. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Alex, I don't know if I have welcomed you to the forums yet, but thank you for joining us here at GeorgiaPacking. I appreciate your passion and hope you continue support gun rights in Georgia. That said, we try to keep the discussions here civil and free of any name-calling. Please dial down the vitriol.

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I had to look that one up.

16. higabyte

higabyte New Member

Thanks, I was on my way to look it up too haha...

17. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Here's this gem, which has both the vitriol and the bad language:

QUOTE from another thread:

ALEX GCO wrote:
    We signed up over 30 new members at this show. You have another chance to join tomorrow. .... You people are pathetic. You should be lining up to join, yet we have to beg you at gun shows. That's just sad. ... I hope you're proud of yourselves. Pathetic. You pay for a drivers license because it's a "privilege" to drive. You pay for a carry license, because.....what? Because it's a privilege? It's a right, dumb-asses.

MY SUGGESTION: Please make up a new name without "GCO" being in it. Or conform your public expressions to more civil versions regardless of what's really running through your head. But angry rants from a person with "GCO" in his screen name just makes all the rest of us GCO members look bad by association.

18. AlexGCO

AlexGCO New Member

Yes. You're right. GCO members like you wouldn't want to be associated with people like me. I care about the constitution. Not about a name.

19. Pandashire

Pandashire New Member

Do you carry a firearm? If so, do you have a GFL/GWL?

20. AlexGCO

AlexGCO New Member

Yes. Everyday. Everywhere.