Why do so many ranges suck this bad?

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Mrs_Esterhouse, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

Why are there so many shooting ranges like this? It's like half of them only want bolt guns or something. I don't get it. It's a freaking shooting range. You'd think you'd be allowed to—well—shoot. A lot of them have stupid crap like one shot every five seconds rules. What the hell is the point of one shot every five seconds? :screwy: Why is one shot per second the end of the world for so many of these ranges? Also, what's wrong with testing ejection and cycling by just shooting into the berm? What if I installed a custom BCG or a new trigger and simply want to test cycling functionality and reliability? Why should I have to set up targets?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JGdSqCi7ds[/ame]

2. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

3. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

In CT. Watch it on YouTube and read the story and the comments. Sounds like a lot of appeasement for neighbors who may have moved in after the club was established.

4. AzB

AzB Well-Known Member

I got told to stop doing rapid fire while at Bullseye in Lawrenceville. You know the place where they rent full auto guns? And I was firing my select fire rifle. It made no sense. I can fire my rifle in full auto, but I get yelled at for rapid pulling of the trigger.

5. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

Always thought it had to do with muzzle climb and inexperienced shooters. Could be wrong

6. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

They pulled this BS at Charlie Elliott, one second between shots, what's the freaking point? I train for self-defense, not to shoot Bambi.

7. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Yeah, I watched it. Thats one of those full automatic deadly military gun EBRs that have built in sound simulators to sound like semi-autos.

Nemo

8. wee

wee Active Member

I wanted to hear it with the silencer....

Brian

9. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

I set weekend meet ups with about six friends and time so each of us fired at steel plates back to back. More than one second between shots for each person. Then ask WTH is the difference if six people are shooting or one.

I get the neighbors don't like, I wouldn't either. But then maybe don't move in next to a freakin shooting range?!?!

10. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

If you look at the ceiling of any indoor range , it’s full of bullet holes or nicks or scrapes.
    If these shots were fired on an outdoor range, they’d leave the property and land a mile or two away.

11. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

Because of that one guy in x number of people.
    That was BS about the dogs barking though

12. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Which can be mitigated with the proper construction techniques.

13. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

It does. You would get sick of spending money to fix damages if you were a range owner, too.

Not all ranges have this rule. Find one that does not. I did. More than one in fact, not counting shooting at home on my own property.