Why didn't I learn about this in US History?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by gsusnake, Sep 19, 2007.

1. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

http://www.americanheritage.com/article ... 2_72.shtml

Those are both great reads about the power of armed citizens to insure justice.

disclaimer: I am in no way advocating any sort of revolution or violence as a means to a political end, I am simply pointing out that it has worked in the past

2. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

You should go read the story of Phenix City, AL... It's a similar tale of corruption in America... where anything, flesh... murder, could have been bought for the right price.

It is rumored that Patton once said he intended to line the bank of the Chattahoochee with his tanks and shell the town because of all the assualts & murders of GI's in the town.

The tipping point was the assassination of the Attorney General-elect -- after that the Governor declared martial law, brought in the Nat. Guard and cleansed the place.

3. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

That would make a good movie, politics, violence, freedom from tyranny. Coming Soon...

Athens
    directed by
    Michael Bay

Starring
    Clint Eastwood
    Robert Duval
    Harrison Ford
    Samual L. Jackson

4. Marikhal

Marikhal Guest

Fail! :|

:p

5. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I'm going to pretend he said Michael Mann. That's a much better choice.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Why not? It was certainly called for in this instance. The ballot box had failed.

A good friend of mine from the military grew up there and lives there now. When I first read about this story, I thought it was BS, but it turns out his Dad knew some of the people involved, including the corrupt politicians.

7. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Inspirational. :wink:

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Then, pwnage FTW.

Today, National Guard on site in the hour, jail time, loss of permit, etc.

9. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

They are called the greatest generation for a reason.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

11. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Great read.

Insignificant trivia: Athens, TN is the home of the greatest producer of dairy products in the world (at least what I have seen of it)......Mayfields.

When we moved back south (from Virginia, they aren't really southern no matter what they say...at least not the ones that live there now) this was what we had missed the most, Mayfields. That and Krystals.

12. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

"I'm tired of all these mother :censored: corrupt politicians in this mother :censored: plane!

13. merlock

merlock Active Member

Good story! =D>

Good find, snake! :righton:

14. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

did use go to guvrnment skools too :cry:

15. Sgt.B

Sgt.B New Member

Good read.
    It reminds me of the old saying- soap box,ballot box,jury box,cartridge box.

disclaimer: I am in no way advocating any sort of revolution or violence as a means to a political end, I am simply pointing out that it has worked in the past

It has worked in the past and will work in the future.
    Above my desk hanging on the wall is a large painting -- The Battle of Lexington * April 19, 1775. I look at it often, Damn these were giants among men!

Thanks for posting this story, it gives me hope and fans the FIRE as well.