Why didn't anyone tell me...?

Discussion in 'Ammo' started by 69953, Nov 26, 2010.

1. 69953

69953 Guest

...that I could get Speer Gold Dots in a box of 50 for $24.95?!

I've been paying $22 for a box of 20. :/

Picked some up at Clyde Armory today. The box says "Law Enforcement". I guess the 50 count boxes aren't always available. Are we civilians not supposed to get 'em? ;)

2. Melissa5

Melissa5 Active Member

He he! Now you know! What caliber was $24.95? 9mm? I've been finding .45s for $28 - 32 for 50.

3. 69953

69953 Guest

9mm. :) Melissa, I notice you carry glocks. How do you they conceal for you? I took my wife to the shops today to look for something for her to carry. She of course wants something small, but knows a bigger gun will be better to shoot. She likes my SR9C, but the slide is hard to rack. I'm thinking of either a Kahr or a G26. Any advice?

4. Melissa5

Melissa5 Active Member

I really like the G26. Never had a single problem with it. I can conceal it just fine (appendix carry) until I sit down and then it is obvious that there is something under my shirt that should not be there. Of course, I'm short and a little chubby. A taller, slimmer person might not have the same problem. I thought about buying a PM9 instead of the G26, but really wanted a Glock. Well, what I really wanted was a single stack Glock 9mm. Guess that's not going to happen any time soon. I've heard some good comments about the PM9 though.

5. 1clearshot

1clearshot Member

....ummm. cause you didn't ask? :shattered:

I prefer HST just a tad more than Gold Dots.....I used to get them for $20 for box/50....not anymore. :cry:

6. 69953

69953 Guest

I'm still pretty new to this, so I'm learning more every day. :)

What do you prefer about the HST's?I've never tried them.

7. 1clearshot

1clearshot Member

Look at the second sticky under ammo. Salty did a great review on many popular HP ammo.

I've shot various eh....items with Hornady XTP, Winchester SXT, Speer Gold Dot and Federal HST ammo and I found HST to have favorable mix of penetration and expansion. Plus, for store bought ammo, I prefer Hornady and Federal....especially for rifle ammo....Remington is my least favorite....

You are going to have to run some ammo through your own gun and find what you (and your gun) like better for you. And replace them when you find something better. :wink:

8. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

http://ammoengine.com

You can sort by brand and price.

Edit: Just now checked them, and didn't see any good buys on Gold Dot. Oh well... Sometimes, it is a good resource and sometimes not.