Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,447 Posts
Just my take on this. what seperates you and I from everyone else is because we have a permit to carry. When Im walking down the street and I see another guy concealing or carrying 2 things cross my mind, either he is a cop or a permit holder. So sadly on my part this gives me a sense of security that the person openly carrying a firearm is safe to be around. Take the permit out of the equation and we have EVERY gun nut carrying a handgun or weapon. Now instead of me thinking of them as legal/LEO now I need to think if this person is irresponsible or a felon. Sadly theres just some people in this country that shouldnt own a firearm period even when they follow the law. We know who they are, we know how they act. these very same people can get a permit, but its easily revoked and prevented from carrying ever again. Yes the right to bear arms is a right we all have and should never lose, and I'll fight tooth and nail to keep it. But that doesnt change my mind that some people shouldnt ever own a gun let alone be able to legally cary it any where they want. With our permit comes responsibility, to not only stay safe with our weapons but to follow every leg of the law when carrying it. Most people don't give two @[email protected]#$ about the laws as much as you and I, so they will of course break the laws left and right.. you wanna extend rights to carry to every citizen?

then give your handguns to these guys:

Maybe they're all legal eagle in the computer system, but that doesnt mean they've never robbed a liquor store or shot and killed someone and never got caught. Now lets extend the right to carry openly in public to every gang member in the Us that has never been caught, give them legal tools to get into a fire fight, that way they can settle who was defending whose life in court... Dumb idea..

· Registered
4,447 Posts
I didnt explain my opinion as clearly as I wanted to and for me its sorta hard to explain it the way I'd like in the forum. Don't get me wrong and think I'm against every law abiding citizen carrying weapons to defend themselves because I'm not. I would love for everyone to be able to protect themselves. Let me try to express my opinion a little better before I head to bed.

What I was trying to say is people who are legally capable to carry a firearm do so openly and concealed. I don't necessarly look twice at someone who open carrys as much as the one who conceals because someone who plans to rob a store or commit a crime isn't going to openly mingle around a store blazing his handgun on his side openly because he runs the risk of being asked about the handgun and asked for his permit.

A criminal that still carrys a gun illegally will do his best to hide it to keep the upper hand in a crime or just bust through the doors with guns at ready. If we were to say every american can open carry a handgun this will allow the idiots up top to openly carry a handgun and now nothing seperates them from us except we're law abiding citizens and they're gang bangers. Now instead of me having the upper hand in a scrimage that goes down in the parking lot, if I was to pull my handgun in self defense, those idiots can do the same AND GET AWAY WITH IT!!! Because by me pulling my handgun, I just became a threat and the law that we all follow is we cant shoot someone until they commit a forcible felony, in this cse defending myself by pulling my gun just put me at the level of who is the best shot and who will suvive this shoot out. the person who lives gives the story of what went down while the dead has no words.

Am I against open carry by any legal citizen no I'm not, I just worry that some people thats actually smart enough will learn how to take advantage of the rule and will do so.

If my above scenariocant happen, please explain why and how it wouldnt go down like that.

I'll happily take my beating, i may deserve it but I'm just giving my opinion thats all nothing more or less.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.