1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Well damn my cholesterol is perfect along with blood pressure and blood sugar. On well will just have to take my chances.

·
69,271 Posts
So you celebrate a 41% reduction as "great," while not wanting to risk a much larger reduction from "the jab?"

:cautious:

·
69,271 Posts
Well damn my cholesterol is perfect along with blood pressure and blood sugar. On well will just have to take my chances.
There may be a connection to interference at the ACE II receptor, or it may be just a connection to better health, such as lower blood pressure and cholesterol, means a better chance of survival, in which case taking statins once you are infected would not lower your chance of dying at all (since you already have the benefit of normal cholesterol). They don't really know the answer, as the words "may" in the article indicate.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I just saw where a NW GA deputy lost his 5year old son a couple of days ago to Covid, so to anyone resisting the vaccine for political reasons, I say a big "F U, with a rusty cactus." This is the cost of your ignorance.

·
69,271 Posts
I just saw where a NW GA deputy lost his 5year old son a couple of days ago to Covid, so to anyone resisting the vaccine for political reasons, I say a big "F U, with a rusty cactus." This is the cost of your ignorance.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Give me a vaccine that has undergone standard FDA testing and verification as with any other vaccine drug (think polio, measles, MMR and the like) and I will take it being first in line.

Something based on an Emergency Use Authorization after 3 months testing and review, NFW.

Particularly when this drug class appears to help and I take it daily anyway. And my age range has about a <2% fatality rate.

Nemo

Reactions: Jonathan Freeman

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But there is this good news. Everyone can trust it now.

Nemo

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Give me a vaccine that has undergone standard FDA testing and verification as with any other vaccine drug (think polio, measles, MMR and the like) and I will take it being first in line.

Something based on an Emergency Use Authorization after 3 months testing and review, NFW.

Particularly when this drug class appears to help and I take it daily anyway. And my age range has about a <2% fatality rate.

Nemo
Not sure where/how you get 3 months.
Pfizer human testing began on May 4th 2020.
EUA approval was requested on November 20th.
That is 6.5 months.

It wasn’t exactly whipped up in a vacuum either as precursor work was done in SARS and MERS research.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
It wasn’t exactly whipped up in a vacuum either as precursor work was done in SARS and MERS research.
I wonder if that was about the time the research into gain of function on our current problem begin as well.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
So you celebrate a 41% reduction as "great," while not wanting to risk a much larger reduction from "the jab?"

:cautious:

I'll discount that story simply because it's from the AP which has proven itself to be nothing less then a mouthpiece for the left on pretty much everything especially during these past 5 years. I don't believe anything they say.

·
69,271 Posts
I'll discount that story simply because it's from the AP which has proven itself to be nothing less then a mouthpiece for the left on pretty much everything especially during these past 5 years. I don't believe anything they say.
There is epistemic nihilism in your response that your are discounting (a strange word for "deliberately remaining ignorant of") reporting that 150 of the dead were vaccinated because those numbers are somehow political, and a "left" or "right" political statement, at that.

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Try WebMD then.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Believing that anyone is going to change their opinions on the coronavirus and its non-vaccines because a 5 year old dies from the coronavirus is, well, pretty damn ignorant. I'm sure even the vaunted CDC has never claimed that very young children are 100% immune to the virus. The story states the kid developed "complications" but only describes a stroke and pneumonia. Were there others? Did he have any preexisting conditions? The story doesn't mention anything leaving readers to assume he was 100% healthy which may not be the case. Strokes are primarily caused by traumatic damage to the arteries, anatomical abnormalities from growth or something that creates blood clots. It may or may not have had anything to do with the coronavirus but the story implies it did. That's shitty reporting but there's a narrative to perpetuate and using cute little dead kids isn't beyond the media's morbid abilities.

But you keep right on casting those disparaging and insulting comments to us non-vaxxers. It's comforting to know exactly where people stand on certain issues.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
There is epistemic nihilism in your response that your are discounting (a strange word for "deliberately remaining ignorant of") reporting that 150 of the dead were vaccinated because those numbers are somehow political, and a "left" or "right" political statement, at that.
Nice choice of words but my comment stands.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I don't expect to change anyone's opinion and I do plan to continue with insulting and disparaging comments on this and other subjects.

Do note that I was referring to those resisting the vaccine for political reasons, not because you have concerns about the safety of the vaccine.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Honestly, I'm kind of relieved that it's pretty much unvaccinated folks who are dying; my concern at low vaccination rates was that the unvaccinated would imperil the vaccinated by keeping r0 in the "pandemic" range.

I still need to take precautions for my daughter (who's 8, though frankly she's more "mask-aware" than I am), at least until there's a juvenile vaccine. Other than that, well, I'll just tip my hat politely to Darwin if I see him.

Thankfully, we're "outdoorsy", so it really hasn't diminished my daughter's summer, other than precluding international travel.

DH
'

1 - 20 of 71 Posts