Who needs to carry in bars? (edited per MP's request..LOL)

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Taurus, May 2, 2007.

1. Taurus

Taurus New Member

Attempted carjacking , could have been avoided if man DID NOT leave gun in his car...

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_new ... ryid=96325

Man Carjacked in DeKalb Co.

The shooting happened near Club Libra on Gresham Road.

Web Editor: Minnie Bridgers
    Last Modified: 5/2/2007 11:50:49 AM

Police in DeKalb County are still searching for suspects in an overnight carjacking that led to a man being shot.

It happened near Club Libra on Gresham Road around 1 a.m. Wednesday.

Investigators said the man was walking from the club when two men came up and tried to steal his car.

The man was then shot in the back of the head while reaching to get a gun out of his car.

The bullet only grazed him and he is expected to be okay

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Whoa! :shock:

The title of the thread ought to be: Who needs to carry in bars?

3. Malum Prohibitum

4. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

Bars named after star signs, really a no-go.

5. Taurus

Taurus New Member

LOL, I know, I couldn't help it! :D

This does say alot about those &^%#^$$%^^&$% public gathering laws....I know there are several instances of this exact same situation that NEVER get reported...

As soon as I have ~$ I will sign up for GCO...These laws have gotta change..

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I need to carry in a bar.

7. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

I have to agree

I personally wish I could carry in a bar so that I could be armed when I enter and leave. I live within walking distance of a few bars that I like to frequent for eating, socializing, karaoke, and a drink or two. (Note: I would NEVER drink to the point of even mild intoxication when carrying) They are pretty nice places and I go there specifically because I can walk to them, but unfortunately that requires that I walk through a not-so-nice part of town. (I live next door to a soup kitchen and homeless shelter) I would really feel better if I could carry in transit and (less so) while eating, chatting, or singing. If, as an additional bonus, open carrying scared off the vagrants bugging me for change, all the better!

8. Malum Prohibitum

I don't go to bars (anymore), but I think it should be illegal to make it illegal to carry there.

9. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

To be perfectly honest, If there were an Arby's or BK closer, I would probably eat there, but the sad fact is that the closest place someone will cook me a meal and let me sit down and eat it, but does not sell alcohol, is about two miles away, and the food sux there. I don't even know where the closest dry restaurant with real food is. I just want my tater-tots and my 9. Is that so much to ask?

10. Taurus

Taurus New Member

People drink and drive, but they don't make driving to a bar illegal..Only if you are trashed when you drive away....

Maybe they should consider more of if your caught hammered and carrying in a bar, then you should be fined and GFL revoked for 6 months, same as DUI....

I just don't get it...

11. Malum Prohibitum

Or hammered and shooting . . . oh, wait, that is already the law!
    :D

See O.C.G.A. 16-11-134!

Every time you think we need a new law, we don't.

12. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I wuz gonna post sumptin reeely clever and witty here, but by the time I read all the other posts....

I forgot what I wuz gonna say.....

Man! Old age suks!!!

13. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

yep leaving a bar at 2 am makes me all warm and fuzzy.... why would anyone want to be armed then??? :roll:

14. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I would have no problem, being the DD if carrying in a bar or restaurant was not illegal!

15. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

Who needs to carry in ...
    schools
    universities
    daycare
    taxis
    a MARTA car
    a park
    the CNN Center
    restaurants that serve alcohol

Gotta be conscious of the quick verbal equivalents that can be made in the minds of the GFW. MP, you throw that out there as bait or what? Attach conditions to mental state, but don't start legitimizing location based restrictions, even verbally out of semi-jest.