Who Needs a Jeep!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by jato, May 11, 2016.

1. jato

jato New Member

When a Crown Vic will do

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFwPXEeJ3aI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFwPXEeJ3aI[/ame]

2. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

Jeez, I thought you were putting your new baby up for sale!

3. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Me? For that? NFW! In a Vic or Jeep! Double NFW.

Nemo

4. jato

jato New Member

Hopefully my baby will be around for a long time. I met a lady today who had a 2002 Jeep with 203K miles. She said she never had any problems with it only brakes and tires. Still had the original clutch.

5. jato

jato New Member

I think my sphincter would have to be reassured before I attempted that in any vehicle.

6. Nemo

Yeah, just looking at the planned path I think I would get about a 14 on the pucker factor of 1-10. That would mean no solid food for a week.

Nemo

7. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

That guy in the 1995 Crown Vic has some serious skills, and balls of brass to have even tried this the first time (years ago).

I've taken a 1987 Ford Fairmont (inline 6 engine, no limited-slip rear end) on some jeep trails out West (northern Arizona), and I got up some hills, but nothing like this. Not even close!

If the Ford sedan was a former police vehicle with a limited-slip rear end, and nice wide tires made of soft rubber with reduced air pressure that day, it's not a terrible set up for rock crawling where inclines are steep but the rocks are clean, pretty smooth, and without anything that will hang you up on your undercarriage.

My brother was famous among his friends and family members for off-roading in the dirt and mud in 2WD cars. Ford Torino and Gran Torino. Honda Civic. All late 1970s models.

8. adams454

adams454 Member

The girl I'm dating has an 01 wrangler with 220k on it with the same results.

9. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

I used to have a 95 Grand Cherokee V8 Orvis edition. I got close to 350k miles out of it before the transmission failed. Had burnt piston rings too.

10. rankhornjp

rankhornjp Active Member

goes to show you that it's more about skill than tech.

11. Nemo

As well as crazy than sanity.

Nemo