Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
69,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,889 Posts
I carry a 9mm, but if the few times that I've been wilderness camping, I kept a good rifle handy.

·
Registered
252 Posts
That's horrible. Even if the parents were armed what could they have done in the middle of the night? They said they could hear him but they couldn't see him. I doubt they would have just sat back and watched the bear maul their child even if they weren't armed.

That definitely makes me want to not go out into the woods to camp. Being ripped from your tent in the middle of the night is different from seeing a bear during the day or while walking around at night because you could actually get to your weapon before you get your face smashed in by 300 lbs of furry killing machine. I guess I'll never camp out in Georgia again. That is no job for a pistol, you need a rifle for those furry killing machines.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
i always carry a gun camping/hiking, i was camping near blood mtn. this past weekend, the caliber i take (9mm) might not be enough to drop a bear but hopefully the report would scare it. maybe i'll win the ruger .454 for my new camping piece, that would probably change his mind :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts