Who needs a gun at work?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by mzmtg, Jun 27, 2007.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin ... ostcount=1

2. Dan H

Dan H New Member

sounds like they prevented a catastrophe, kudos to them...

3. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Glad I don't work for his company!

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Wow. He and the other manager should be terminated immediately for having pistols at work.

5. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

exactly! they should have called 911 and waited for the proper authorities to show up.

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

wow....It's a shame that will never make the news.

7. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "Member"

I dont worry about needing a gun while actually at work, but I sure as **** want one when I go to lunch in fuggin SMYRNA and/or lower Marietta (*cough* I mean Mexico). :shock: Too bad I can't even have one in my vehicle so I can protect myself when I'm off-base. But hey I have a pocket-knife and a bad attitude! :roll:

8. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Luckily we have an unarmed security guard part of the day at our building. That makes up for our company policy against ccw. :rotfl:

9. Malum Prohibitum

Interviews with him ought to run on prime time every night for three months.

10. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Our company policies don't mention weapons. 8)

11. Hickory Flatlander

Hickory Flatlander New Member

"I was anointed to sit in on what was expected to be a tense termination of an employee. They wanted a witness, and wanted extra muscle in the room should it get physical."

Ive run into this situation where I work. Fortunately we have an AP office we call if we suspect trouble and they arrange for LEO to be on sight at the time and as long as needed for days to come.

If any threats are made they are arrested then and there.

BTW, Im not saying these guys did anything wrong , but I wonder if they had any other proactive options for security prior to the actual termination knowing it could be a tough one.

12. DKing

DKing New Member

I guess I've just been blessed. I've never worked any where I wasn't encouraged to carry. Well, since I turned 21 anyway.

13. Malum Prohibitum

Even when you were working in Gwinnett County?

14. DKing

DKing New Member

Corrected to say, I've never worked FOR anyone...

All these damn lawyers picking on what I say. :wink:

15. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I have searched our HR rules and regs many times as well as that of our parent company and never found any mention of the words "weapon" or "firearm" listed anywhere.

I'm still a little skeptical though. I've been going back and forth in regards to inquiring as to whether or not they are listed anywhere. I'd like to know for sure, because if they are not barred from the jobsite, then I don't see what recourse they would have against me should I choose to CC at the office. On the other hand, I don't want to ask and then be labeled as "that guy."

16. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Don't ask.

If it is not in the handbook then it is not prohibited.

17. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

Remember, Ga is an "employment at will" state

18. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

So if they don't prohibit it and then used that reason as cause to fire me, wouldn't I have a case - or would the discrimination against gun owners case be better. :?:

19. Malum Prohibitum

Do they list pooping in your pants and failing to clean it up before dealing with customers?

If they do not prohibit it, and they use that as an excuse to fire you, do you think you might have a cause of action?

:lol:

20. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Only if I can throw my poop at customers at 1400 fps.