Who is the "militia?"

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by mzmtg, Apr 10, 2007.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

In case anyone you know gets tripped up over the first half of the Second Amendment, let me point to Title 10, Section 311 of the United States Code:

We are the militia.

2. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Here's another one in the 1771 edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica. Pretty enlightening...

http://therealgunguys.blogspot.com/2007 ... litia.html

MILITIA, in general, denotes the body of soldiers,
    or those who make profession of arms.
    .....In a more restrained sense, militia denotes the
    trained bands of a town or country, who arm
    themselves, upon a short warning, for their own
    defence. So that, in this sense, militia is opposed
    to regular or stated troops.
    .....For the direction and command of the militia,
    the king constitutes lords-lieutenants of each country.

[​IMG]

3. NetAdminWithGun

NetAdminWithGun New Member

I wanted to join one but couldn't find one in georgia that wasn't disbanded or to far away.

Maybe i should start one, of course if i ran it we would get flagged by the AJC as being terrorist training or something. Would be fun though on the weekends to train with a bunch of like minded people. It would be like IDPA but more intense and with a purpose other then to compete

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

From the Wiki

5. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

I would say that the "Minute Men" patrolling the US/Mexican Border would fall under militia.

6. Purge

Purge New Member

I wanted to join up with the Minute Men last summer and spend a couple of week patrolling, but I just didn't and don't have the funds. I think bringing my 12 year old daughter would give her a life changing experience for the good. Maybe next summer.

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I think bringing your daughter to the boarder would be a poor choice. That is not exactly the safest place for a young female. But that is just one man's opinion.

8. Purge

Purge New Member

I would definitely ask the Minute Men if bringing my daughter is a good idea or not. I haven’t investigated it yet. I appreciate your concern. I know I'm going to need lots of guns when she becomes a teen. LOL

9. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

i with you , sign me up

10. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I would take her... She will be 13 or 14 then and probably pretty capable... I would have wanted to go when I was that age, especially if I could hang with my dad... sorta depends on your daughter too, is she a tomboy or a girly girl?

11. Purge

Purge New Member

She's a little of each, but more tomboy. She loves sports, playing BBall and running, and playing it in high heals. LOL She'd love to be an actress and/or singer and climb Mt. Everest.

I'd have to say she's perfect and perfectly balanced.

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Purge,
    She sounds alot like my 10 year old daughter. She's just as happy whether being a girly girl, shopping at Neimans and going to the spa with her Nana, camping on horse back with her mom, or shooting and mountain biking with me.