Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone you know gets tripped up over the first half of the Second Amendment, let me point to Title 10, Section 311 of the United States Code:

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied

males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section

313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a

declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States

and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the

National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are -

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard

and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of

the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the

Naval Militia.
We are the militia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,703 Posts
Here's another one in the 1771 edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica. Pretty enlightening...

http://therealgunguys.blogspot.com/2007 ... litia.html

MILITIA, in general, denotes the body of soldiers,
or those who make profession of arms.
.....In a more restrained sense, militia denotes the
trained bands of a town or country, who arm
themselves, upon a short warning, for their own
defence. So that, in this sense, militia is opposed
to regular or stated troops.
.....For the direction and command of the militia,
the king constitutes lords-lieutenants of each country.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
I wanted to join one but couldn't find one in georgia that wasn't disbanded or to far away.

Maybe i should start one, of course if i ran it we would get flagged by the AJC as being terrorist training or something. Would be fun though on the weekends to train with a bunch of like minded people. It would be like IDPA but more intense and with a purpose other then to compete
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,826 Posts
From the Wiki

Militia is the activity of one or more citizens organized to provide defense or paramilitary service, or those engaged in such activity. The word can have five somewhat different meanings:

Defense activity, as well as those engaged in it, when it is defense of the public, its territory, property, and laws

The entire able-bodied male population of a community, town, or state, which can be called to arms against an invading enemy, to enforce the law, or to respond to a disaster

A private, non-government force, not necessarily directly supported or sanctioned by its government

An official reserve army, composed of citizen soldiers, also called an Army Reserve, National Guard, or State Defense Forces

The national police forces in Russia, and other former CIS countries, or the former Soviet Union: Militsiya

In any of these cases, a militia is distinct from a regular army. It can serve to supplement the regular military, or it can oppose it, for example to resist a military coup. In some circumstances, the "enemies" against which a militia is mobilized are domestic political opponents of the government, such as strikers. In many cases the role, or even the existence of a militia, is controversial. For these reasons legal restrictions may be placed on the mobilization or use of militia.
 

·
Professional Troll
Joined
·
2,129 Posts
I would say that the "Minute Men" patrolling the US/Mexican Border would fall under militia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
ICP_Juggalo said:
I would say that the "Minute Men" patrolling the US/Mexican Border would fall under militia.
I wanted to join up with the Minute Men last summer and spend a couple of week patrolling, but I just didn't and don't have the funds. I think bringing my 12 year old daughter would give her a life changing experience for the good. Maybe next summer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
I think bringing your daughter to the boarder would be a poor choice. That is not exactly the safest place for a young female. But that is just one man's opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
I would definitely ask the Minute Men if bringing my daughter is a good idea or not. I haven’t investigated it yet. I appreciate your concern. I know I'm going to need lots of guns when she becomes a teen. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
NetAdminWithGun said:
I wanted to join one but couldn't find one in georgia that wasn't disbanded or to far away.

Maybe i should start one, of course if i ran it we would get flagged by the AJC as being terrorist training or something. Would be fun though on the weekends to train with a bunch of like minded people. It would be like IDPA but more intense and with a purpose other then to compete
i with you , sign me up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
997 Posts
I would take her... She will be 13 or 14 then and probably pretty capable... I would have wanted to go when I was that age, especially if I could hang with my dad... sorta depends on your daughter too, is she a tomboy or a girly girl?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
glockgirl said:
I would take her... She will be 13 or 14 then and probably pretty capable... I would have wanted to go when I was that age, especially if I could hang with my dad... sorta depends on your daughter too, is she a tomboy or a girly girl?
She's a little of each, but more tomboy. She loves sports, playing BBall and running, and playing it in high heals. LOL She'd love to be an actress and/or singer and climb Mt. Everest.

I'd have to say she's perfect and perfectly balanced.
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,826 Posts
Purge said:
glockgirl said:
I would take her... She will be 13 or 14 then and probably pretty capable... I would have wanted to go when I was that age, especially if I could hang with my dad... sorta depends on your daughter too, is she a tomboy or a girly girl?
She's a little of each, but more tomboy. She loves sports, playing BBall and running, and playing it in high heals. LOL She'd love to be an actress and/or singer and climb Mt. Everest.

I'd have to say she's perfect and perfectly balanced.
Purge,
She sounds alot like my 10 year old daughter. She's just as happy whether being a girly girl, shopping at Neimans and going to the spa with her Nana, camping on horse back with her mom, or shooting and mountain biking with me.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top