Who is carrying to church for Easter?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Schweisshund, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

Just curious ....I heard about those perfectly timed simultaneous renovation accidents in Sri Lanka.

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

The value of a gun in a suicide bombing is minimal at best. Even if you were lucky enough to spot the danger and kill the bomber, that bomb is most likely still going to go off.

3. MSgt G

MSgt G Member

Carrying on Easter Sunday is no different than carrying to church any other day.

4. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Or carrying anywhere every other day.

Nemo

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

4AE2F3BD-1060-4A85-981D-A070DD26DF7B.jpeg
    Here's how I went to church today.
    Openly carrying a notebook.
    Concealed-carrying a smartphone with many versions / translations of the Bible on it.
    I was concealed-carrying other things like car keys, a pen, my wallet, etc.

People around me might have seen my pen, my phone, and (briefly) my wallet (when the offering plate came around). Nobody saw the keys or the "et cetera."

Schweisshund likes this.
  6. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

A few years ago I was discussing gun rights with a colleague who was virulently anti-gun. He said (paraphrased): I hope you don't bring a gun to <upcoming conference>. I didn't have an immediate reply since I DID plan to go armed to that event. I have a permit from that state, even though it isn't reciprocal with Georgia.
    I though about it, though. I don't "bring a gun" to places. It is my habit and custom to be armed at all times and places where legally allowed.

7. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

I imagine they were focused on that tie

8. Nemo

Yes, that tie is hideous. Almost bad enough for me to wear.

Nemo

9. gunsmoker

It's a tie and it's got purple in it.
    That is all I wanted.
    I didn't need or want a business formal tie.

10. GoDores

GoDores Like a Boss

Our denomination is not particularly firearms-friendly, but we spent the week in a state that doesn’t have a firearms law that violates the Constitutional prohibition on laws respecting establishments of religion, so I didn’t have to choose between a reduced level of safety for my family and the risk of a $100 fine today.

11. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Your mother should be ashamed for not teaching you how to dress properly. #-o

12. gunsmoker

She never wore a necktie.

13. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Exactly. Of course, some of may attend a church that has taken a public pro-carry stance and therefore may not admit on public forums that they are potentially breaking the law.
    I agree, although I don't carry specifically for combating terrorist bombings. I'm more concerned about jerks that seem to believe what is mine should be theirs and are intent on making it so, for whatever reason.
    I have no problem carrying at a location where my safety is absolutely assured to my satisfaction; I just haven't found any of these locations yet.

14. Nemo

I used those for jury trials. Crim Law/Crim Pro Professor told me that everyone on jury would think I was an idiot or was great for going that far.

If a decent case were made on defense they would generally give me credibility and based on that, defense was credible, case was credible and greatly increase chances of a favorable result.

Seemed to work.

Nemo

15. diamondback

diamondback Well-Known Member

I carry all the time whenever I can. The church has a sign, but you know what it does not have force of law and out of sight out of mine.

16. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

What is the important, overriding factor or factors driving your decision to attend a church with such a sign?

17. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

A sign? I would flat out refuse to go. Regardless of family, there are many churches, one close to you, who would never restrict you in such a way.

You can expect to get in trouble should you ever need it.

18. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

I am thinking about going to a Bible based Biker Church.

Anyone know of one?

19. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

When a religious group is focused upon a worldly gimmick like that, it is not also going to be "Bible based," although I am sure it will be easy to find one that claims to be so and perhaps lulls you into believing so if you are not paying close attention and "examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so." Acts 17:11.

EJR914 likes this.
  20. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member