Who do I call? (city or electric company)

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by fiwit, Dec 19, 2010.

1. fiwit

fiwit New Member

I just got home from a business trip, and while outside talking to a neighbor noticed that the utility pole between his house and the next was no longer standing straight upright.

We looked at it closer, and it has multiple cracks and splinters -- looks like it could fall apart any minute.

Do I call the city, or our Electric company to let them know about this? If this pole falls, it's going into a stand of tall pines, and will pull down not just the wires between those two houses, but the wire that crosses the street and hooks to my utility pole.

You guys have always known the answer to any question I've thrown at you, so I figured I'd start here first.

TIA

2. hkdave

hkdave New Member

Utilities have "emergency" numbers for things like that. Definitely not the government....

3. seajay

seajay NRA Certified Instructor

Call the power company. It's their pole and their problem. The city will only tell you to call the power company.

4. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

It depends on what City you are in. In East Point where I live, for example, the City is the Power Company (and the water and sanitation company for that matter). Some cities provide the power but actually lease everything from GA Power (poles included).

I would call whoever sends me the bill first and go from there.

5. STONEWALL0628

STONEWALL0628 New Member

:righton: :righton:

6. JMan

JMan New Member

I know here I have a poll in my yard which we have 3 on my street and each belongs to that person and they pay for the bill. Mine cost me 25 bucks a month to have a light . Mine did the same thing called Power company they came out in about 2 days and took care of it.