Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/chill-in-the-white-house-briefing-room/

I hope they send this Itar-Tass guy back to Russia... Reporters should report the news, not try to make it.

"Now that we said all that," Sitov added quickly. "I also believe that what happened is a terrible price that the United States pays for the freedoms and liberties that Americans enjoy. This country unfortunately again suffered through several presidents being attacked, President Kennedy was killed. President Reagan was wounded by a deranged person."

Sitov said Americans do not seem to want to face that there needs to be stricter gun control measures if another tragedy is to be avoided.

"So my point is that there is the good side of the freedoms and liberties and rights," he said. "But there is the reverse side and if the government wanted to prevent such tragedies, as they say, one avenue is obvious. One avenue is to restrict the freedom to bear arms."

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
"Now that we said all that," Sitov added quickly. "I also believe that what happened is a terrible price that the United States pays for the freedoms and liberties that Americans enjoy.
--------
Sitov said Americans do not seem to want to face that there needs to be stricter gun control measures if another tragedy is to be avoided.
--------
". . . if the government wanted to prevent such tragedies, as they say, one avenue is obvious. One avenue is to restrict the freedom to bear arms."
That worked out really well for the Russians under Stalin . . . about as well as it did for the Jews under Hitler.

Despite all the high-sounding rhetoric, it really has only one purpose - best stated by Mao Tse-tung in 1938:
"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns. That way, no guns can ever be used to command the party."

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Yeah that really worked out well didn't it.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,404 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Puffyfish said:
As much as I wish it wasn't that quote is false and fabricated. A Google search will give you quite a few sources to debunk it. Germany's only significant gun legislation of that era came before Hitler.

I just point that out b/c antis like to make up/twist stats and quotes to meet their needs and I don't think we need to stoop to their level.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Dear Russia,

Thank you for the vodka, Mosins, AKs, and hot Russian mail order brides. Keep everything else to yourself and STFU.

Love,
AV8R

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AV8R said:
Dear Russia,

Thank you for the vodka, Mosins, AKs, and hot Russian mail order brides. Keep everything else to yourself and STFU.

Love,
AV8R
:righton: Well said, MrAV8R.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts