Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Romans 10:13
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to compete in either in a IPSC or IDPA match. But which would be better for a begginer such as myself? I would love to go an watch one at first. So those in the know. What say you?

·
Registered
633 Posts
I am in the same boat. They are having a IDPA match in Carrollton this weekend and I really want to go. Quite frankly though, I am a little intimidated by it since I have never shot this type of way before. I have not taken any classes...I am just an average Joe that has been shooting for 12 years now.

I think that from what I know about the two, the IDPA is the way to go. They try to use real world scenarios that help develop defensive shooting skills. I heard that the IPSC is essentially a track meet with a pistol.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
You can always go and not compete. Just get a feel for which one you would rather do.

·
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you ever competed Ramm?

·
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
grayelky said:
If you click on the link, it takes you to a web page w/ all the details. Glad I found this. I may try to go and watch.
Not to try to deter you from going to this, but there may be a match that is closer to Atlanta. I dunno though.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts