·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
EJR914 said:
I don't need a weatherman to tell me which way the wind is blowing.
You got that right. Plan accordingly . . . "That in ourselves our safety must be sought".

·
Registered
541 Posts
You forgot to mention that the FED is just going to print up
600 BILLION dollars to buy up some of the debt...

Can you say inflation? The dollar is worthless.

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
"If you look at the global economy, there are many issues that merit more attention -- for example, the question of quantitative easing."

China's opposition to the proposal, which had made some progress at a G20 finance ministers' meeting last month, came amid a continuing rumble of protest from around the world at the U.S. Federal Reserve's plan to pump an extra $600bn into financial markets.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Monetizing the debt is a desperate act. It is a signal that we are rapidly reaching the end of the game. Slamming interest rates all the way to the floor did not revive the U.S. economy. Hundreds of billions of dollars in extra government spending did not do the trick either. The U.S. economy is still dying and the U.S. government is now beginning to find it very difficult to locate buyers for all the debt that it is constantly issuing.

So the Fed apparently hopes that this new round of quantitative easing will be a way to finance the exploding U.S. government debt and spark an "economic recovery" at the same time.
:soapbox:

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Or Grace Park on Five O?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EmergencyNrse said:
You forgot to mention that the FED is just going to print up
600 BILLION dollars to buy up some of the debt...

Can you say inflation? The dollar is worthless.
I believe some of those stories I published were in direct relation to the fact that the Non-Federal Private Bank has decided to do Q2E.

When Q2E doesn't help to boost our economy, I believe there will be a Q3E, and then a Q4E as well. This is going to get VERY UGLY.

·
Banned
2,559 Posts
I defer to the post MP recently made about Argentina, and Glenn Beck's subject tonight.... :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts