Which States Ban Hi-Cap Mags

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by rajl, Nov 21, 2006.

1. rajl

rajl New Member

Is there a current, up to date list of which states allow and which states ban high capacity magazines in weapons?

2. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I found this at AuctionArms.com site, although I don't know if it is correct but I would think it is as this guy sells a lot of guns:

"... Large capacity magazine restrictions: New Jersey - 15 round maximum for semi-automatic firearms only. California - 10 round maximum for all magazines. Maryland - 20 round maximum for all magazines. Massachusetts - over 10 rounds Hawaii - 10 round maximum for all handgun magazines. ..."

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

If those are the only states with a magazine restriction, then the answer is no, the states the GFL is good in (states colored yellow and green http://www.georgiapacking.org/gflr.php) do not have a capacity restriction.

4. rajl

rajl New Member

What about places like New York or Connecticut? I'm asking because I'm looking at going to law school next year. If I had to go out of state, I would prefer to go some place where I could take my, ahem, collection with me; or at least know to leave it somewhere safe while I was away.

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Well in that case, if you already have your GFL that link I provided will show you who accepts the GFL as a valid license so you could carry while you were away. (I would also check to see if they have a law banning carry at universities like GA does, and avoid going there)

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member