Which ranges allow rapid fire/FA

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by Gewehr43, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Gewehr43

Gewehr43 New Member

Looking for a range that allows rapid fire and or full auto/suppressors/SBRs. I used to shoot at Autrey's Armory when it first opened since I could shoot my F/A MP40 and rapid fire my Hk-93. Went back a couple months ago and they wouldn't allow me to rapid fire but only shoot full auto.

So I'm looking for a new range, preferably an outdoor one. I don't really care if I have to pay a membership fee or not. Any ideas? :help:

I live in the Metro area, but don't mind driving an hour or two for a good range.

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

3. Gewehr43

Gewehr43 New Member

Thanks. They look nice, but sadly their site says no rapid fire. Would like to rapid fire my other guns and also bring the NFA stuff.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Bullseye indoor range in downtown Lawrenceville. I don't know if they allow quickdraw from the holster or rapid-fire handgun shooting, but they sure do allow pistol-caliber carbines and SMG's to be fired rapidly.
    They rent machineguns there! I rented a WWII Thompson .45 years ago, and last year I tried the M4-type AR carbine in 9mm.

Also, Hi-Caliber Range and gun shop in Holly Springs (around exit #11 of I-575), just south of Canton, rents full-autos now. I've shot machineguns there before and have seen several others doing it. You can bring your own machinegun; you don't have to use theirs. Their range handles rifle calibers, too. Anything except steel cored or steel-jacketed bullets.

P.S. Both ranges have a camera system to keep an eye on the shooters. If some inexperienced shooter or guest of a shooter is putting holes in the ceiling, taking chunks of concrete off the cement block walls, expect to get kicked out or at least restricted to slow, aimed, shooting only.

5. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

I've shot handguns pretty quickly at Bullseye in Lawrenceville quite often--not sure if it'd be considered "rapid fire" or not. I do believe they have a sign or a "rule" posted somewhere about 1 shot per second, but I am also pretty sure I've shot faster than that on several occasions.

6. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

I think you should re-read the rules. It states that is only on the rifle range.

7. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

Membership is cheap, call and ask for Joe. Best range for NFA I know of.

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Thats what I was thinking.

9. Gewehr43

Gewehr43 New Member

I emailed bullseye this morning and got back a email from Jeremy saying "We do NOT allow rapid fire on the range". I'll ask Hi-Caliber though, thanks.

10. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Bullseye will rent you a machinegun and you can do mag dumps 30 rounds at a time at 600 or 800 rounds per minute, but you can't do "rapid fire" semi-auto shooting ???? That's just nuts.

Anyhow, try American Classic Marksman in Norcross. I've fired machineguns there before, last year. Nobody told any of us to stop. But we were all keeping our hits near the center of the target.

11. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

No FA, but the RO at charles elliot said as long as the bullet hits the berm, shoot as fast as you want. I asked about bump firing from the hip, and he said to go ahead :righton:

12. Gewehr43

Gewehr43 New Member

I KNOW! I don't understand why some ranges allow F/A but not rapid fire if I'm safe and not hitting the ceiling.

13. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

14. Gewehr43

Gewehr43 New Member

Yup. Picked it up at the Blue Max show in Pittsburgh, sadly the vet had it polished slightly. Has a sheen to it.

15. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Sweet.

Btw, is your MP-40 a tube-gun or C&R? Amnesty? I really like how those shoot.

My dream gun is a registered full-auto MP-44. I will get one day, if I save well enough. The new semi-autos are cool but way too expensive for what you get, I want the real deal.

16. Gewehr43

Gewehr43 New Member

Sadly, it's an Erb Tube. So it's not 100% original but I love how slow the ROF is. I agree, they need to lower the price to get anyone to buy one. The cool factor IMO, is holding a piece of history that has seen so much. Save your money and buy the real thing, then give it to your kids. And tell them to NEVER sell it! lol

17. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

I've been there plenty of times and "ignored" this rule. I think it might be one of those CYA things for them....YMMV obviously...

18. Scott 40s&w

Scott 40s&w Member

Centerfire Precision in Woodbury Ga 1 hour south of Autreys is an outdoor range that allows full auto. 2 tactical ranges with 20ft high berms and a 200 yard rifle range
    Call 706-553-2352 ask for Paul
    address is 1738 Upper Cove Rd Woodbury Ga 30293

19. zxd9

zxd9 Active Member

The Firing Lane in Athens allows it too as long as you demonstrate control.

20. Slingblade

Slingblade New Member

Bring your NFA goodness to the Northeast Georgia Machine Gun Melee on Saturday 20 Nov 2010; the address for the range road is 1872 Tom's Creek Road, Martin, Ga. This is the same range that hosted the AAC Silencer Shoots. They normally have steel targets, cars, appliances and tannerite downrange for your entertainment.