Which clip style do you prefer for your MTAC?

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by jja2.8, Oct 28, 2007.

1. jja2.8

jja2.8 New Member

Help me decide which style to order. I don't see pictures of the different styles on the website. Pretty sure I don't want velcro, and I'm leaning towards either standard or J.

Your opinions?

2. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I have the J clips on my CTAC and the standard ones on my MTAC. I prefer the J's if I am going to tuck my shirt in but probably the standards if I am going to have it covered. They really both seem to feel about the same and hold about the same. It is just about how much of them you are willing to let show.

3. jja2.8

jja2.8 New Member

Ok, thank you.

4. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

I would go with J clips. I have C clips my C-TAC and don't like the way they look when my shirt is tucked. It looks like something is there with that extra piece of kydex.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Velcro clips work great for stealth carry with shirt tucked. J clips were no good for me - no weight on the belt - all on the waist band of the pants. Standard clips fine if wearing pull over or untucked shirt. C clips are a good concept - but they do not stay in place on the belt - mainly the rear C clip.

6. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

I've got a CTac with C-clips. I'm probably going to ditch them in favor of the standard clips or v-clips. Standards will be my first choice: I don't think anyone will notice them with all of the other crap I wear on my Wilderness tactical belt (Nylon web). If I ever get into a nice leather belt, I will have velcro sewn into the inside.

7. jja2.8

jja2.8 New Member

Thanks for the input guys. I went with the standard clips. Holster should be here in about a week.

I just got my Glock 19 this past weekend and picked up a BlackHawk Serpa holster. This is a good holster, just don't think I will OC too often. Although it does seem to conceal quite well now especially with the sweater/jacket weather we are having in the mornings.

I'm really looking forward to the MTAC.