Which Bible Man is Correct?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Mrs_Esterhouse, May 6, 2019.

1. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

OK, I'll play. Correct about what? Sin in general or homosexuality specifically? I don't know anything about either Steven Anderson or Jesse Lee Peterson but I would give the edge to Anderson although I may not completely agree with everything he said. He refused to be goaded by Peterson's continual baiting and taking scripture out of context. Peterson reminds me of the guy that asks you if you still wear your wife's underwear. You can't win with him. Sorry I wasted the 23 minutes.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

LOL! Blind leading the blind. Both stumbling around in ignorance. Amazing.

EJR914 likes this.
  3. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

No, the hating part and the two masters part.

4. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

I couldn't listen past the 10 minute mark and should have stopped a bit before then. The black guy is so argumentative and can't be bothered to actually give and quote a verse that he's trying to make an (incorrect) point about and is just badgering the white guy (sorry I didn't pay attention to either's name) and the white guy doesn't seem to get what I understand being born again means; at least he wasn't doing a good job explaining.

5. Mrs_Esterhouse

Here, this guy is a true man of God. He quotes a lot of scripture and says he comes in the name of Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit.

EJR914 likes this.
  6. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Ooooooooooooo......... A turtle neck sweater. They still sell those?

7. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

That was better than any spoof could be.

8. EJR914

A theological trainwreck

9. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

I got to about 3 minutes and realized where it was going ...

10. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:13

Taking Bible scriptures out of context or misquoting is nothing new. I hear 1 Timothy:6:10 misquoted alot. Money is not the root of all evil. The love of money is.

TimBob likes this.
  11. Mrs_Esterhouse

What about money for love?

Wheedle likes this.
  12. Malum Prohibitum

LOL! Yes. It is in fact the entire foundation and theology of most churches claiming to be "Christian" in the US, and the world. Too bad, really. It's sad.

Just take a look at the "baptism" thread and see all the flack I took for merely asking readers here to take a look at actual conversions in the Bible and compare and contrast them to their own purported "conversion" and what their church teaches about salvation.

Religion left that pesky old Bible behind a long, long time ago in favor of newer manmade doctrines. This is mostly accomplished by taking verses out of context and somewhat by misquoting them. That has been done so long, now, that preachers can merely make up new stuff (outward sign of an inward grace) without bothering to misquote anything, and their parishioners will confidently repeat such stuff as if it was revealed by God, and not their preacher.

13. Mrs_Esterhouse

I can't help but draw the strong parallel between your analysis of how far from the teachings of the Bible Christian pastors have strayed vs. how far SCOTUS judges have strayed from the Constitution. They both employ many of the same bastardization techniques in order to get their founding texts to say what they want them to say.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    OldWoreOutMarine likes this.
  14. Malum Prohibitum

15. GeorgiaGlocker

What about it?

16. GeorgiaGlocker

It's sad when Christians misquote the Bible. I have confronted a few over the years and they are not happy when you try to correct them.

17. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Some call that prostitution.

Nemo

18. EJR914

How do we get MP onto SCOTUS?

Mrs_Esterhouse likes this.
  19. Malum Prohibitum

. LOL! :lol: There will never be an Emory Law School grad on the S.Ct. I had the grades and LSAT to apply to better schools, but I had no (good) guidance and advice at the time, being the first person in my family to graduate high school and not having a network of acquaintances in that type of circle, and I did not know any better.