Where's Packing.Org ?

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by gunsmoker, Aug 17, 2007.

1. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Okay, I think it's been about 2 weeks since I was able to view the Packing.Org website. Is everyone else in the same boat? What happened to that place, anyway? (I'm not talking about the gradual decent into anarchy and idiocy since they got rid of the admin-moderated format, but rather why it's not even online anymore).

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

You aren't alone. It doesn't work for me, either.

3. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Nope, don't know if it is gone for good or what. I did find this site, which has a lot of the same information on it.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

4. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Packing has been going down hill fast since Gary Slider left and started Handgunlaw.

The owner of Packing is in Law School and doesn't have the time to keep the sight up.

5. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Active Member

Gary Slider is the main reason I stopped posting on packing.org. He is an arrogant pompous ass that likes to throw his weight around. He is registered on this site too, but I never seen him post anything.

6. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Active Member

Does anyone here who posted on packing.org waaaaay back in the day remember the admin "yucatandan"? That guy is the biggest douche-cock if I have ever seen one. I am glad they 86'ed him. Gunsmoker may remember him. Gunsmoker is the only one I have seen on here that used to post actively (along with myself) on packing.org back in it's hey-day. Circa 2000-2001.

Any other packing.org "old-timers" here?

7. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Yep. I remember him.

I didn't post much, but read every day.

8. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

That site sucks now. If you are depending on packing.org to get up-to-date information on carry laws, you stand a good chance of being arrested. :-({|=

Local .orgs are better. Like GPDO.

9. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Ah, so the PDO version of THR's Jeff White.

10. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

The cop from Illinois? He's the main reason L&P is shut down... locking everything the minute someone says anything bad about the police.

11. budder

He's a cop? He locks things? I was mostly just referring to the fact that he is a giant :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: with a :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:!

12. Axeman

Axeman New Member

I never registered either, but read it all the time. But That is also how I found this site.

RIP.

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I found this site straight through google. I've only used PDO two or three times...

14. budder

15. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I never posted much on www.packing.org. I did find the site interesting and useful until the info. wasn't updated. GA packing spoiled me. :wink:

I did find the GACDL website from there which eventually lead me to this site.

16. EARN

EARN New Member

YES

17. stolen

stolen New Member

I was a member of pdo for a few years, missed a while, and tried to come back. I guess it's true "you can't go back home". I remember it used to be a good and informative site, and then it started going downhill. Oh well, I found this site and we'll see how it goes.

18. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:welcome: