Where to buy WIN 7 Laptop or PC ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by xls177, Feb 6, 2017.

1. xls177

xls177 Member

Where to buy WIN 7 Laptop or PC ?

All i see is WIN 10 units
    Anybody still sell them?

Getting message of overheating fan failure.
    Any way to keep it cool like a cooling pad or eternal fan? or is that not enough?
    No sure what it cost to get fan replaced in 5 yr old laptop and a key on keyboard stopped working the other day.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  2. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

If you know the spec's you want, go to a small shop and have them put the parts together for you.
    MS works deals with major mfg's to install the latest and greatest as the OEM operating system.

If the major sticking point is the OS. give me a message, I still have about 9 or 10 unused serial numbers.

3. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Try putting one together yourself, it's really not that hard. It's all plug and play. I usually get my parts from NewEgg. You can install Linux Mint as the OS for free, and then install WINE - that should run most if not all of your Windows applications.

Biggest tip - don't go skinny on the power supply. Go for 450 or 500 watts at least, so you can run additional internal and external peripherals you may get in the future. And get a quality fan to protect the processor.

4. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

What type of laptop do you have now? Parts are often available and can be installed by anyone competent with laptop service techniques. YouTube may have something to show you how to open your specific laptop.

As far as Windows 7, Microsoft currently sells Windows 10 to consumers. Windows 7 is out of support and is pretty much only licensed to large corporate users that have standardized and don't want to deal with upgrading 30K laptops.

5. xls177

xls177 Member

I hear so many complaints about windows 10. Slow bloated and crashes as well as spying on consumers. Not sure why so many compliants without any fixes.

6. Fallschirmjäger

Laptop coolers are sold at Walmart, Office Depot, Best Buy and Fry's.

If you go to Fry's, go to the PC section and pick out a decent motherboard for your new pc and have a build party. There's probably someone on the forum that will help for the price of dinner, maybe even lunch.

7. Fallschirmjäger

I don't see why not, as long as your laptop is compatible:
    And you're not trying to be mobile while using it since it uses a pad that's glued on and it's clamped to that pad. Other than that, I think it might work even better than a pad (or so they say).