Where to buy my first Sig 225?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Mastino177, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

Where would be the best place to buy a Sig 225? A shop near me has one for $599...way too much. I'm thinking online and transferred...so who has the best guns. I actually found one for $299 on a military surplus site...only one mag though.

2. Lightsped

Lightsped Guest

C3 Armory in Acworth has a very new looking P225. I don't recall the price, but it seemed to be pretty decent.

3. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Don't you currently have 2 threads going on this?

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I thought I was just crazy. :wildeyed:

5. VolGrad

I didn't say you weren't. :wink: I just said there were in fact 2 threads.

6. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

Sorry, trying to get opinions...one was for a different question phrased a different way. :lol:

7. VolGrad

Adam - how many points is this? LOL.

8. larz

larz Member

I would avoid that place...............

9. Lightsped

Lightsped Guest

Huh? Why? I have done business there before and have always received a good price and helpful tips when dealing with Class 3 stuff....

10. larz

larz Member

Without embarrassing myself to bad, I overpaid for my AR-15 by at least $150.00. They had a DPMS up there for $899.00 and I told them I was in the market for a AR mainly looking for a BM....so they proceed to tell me how great the DPMS is, even though I was not familair with them and they'll work me a deal. The deal was knocking off $100.00, putting it at $799.00....having done some research on the BM's and RRA's I knew that was a good price....so I bought it. However, when I got home and started going through the stuff and looking on the internet, I had just purchased a Panther Lite 16"....which even on the DPMS website had the thing listed for $720.00. There were a dozen gundealers out there that had, on average, the gun at $650.00. So, they either snookered into thinking I was geting a deal by lowering the price or they themselves overpaid and didn't know. Either one of these two options are enough for me to never go back again, and given the opportunity, share my experience there with others. Still cracks me up that they had that up there listed for $899.00!

11. Lightsped

Lightsped Guest

Well, that sucks, but you really should be more knowledgable of the products before you buy. I would never go into a gun store and buy something without doing plenty of research first.

Still, I have had great experiences at C3, but then again, I know exactly what I am buying when I make a gun purchase.

12. larz

larz Member

Well, your're right, I do have some responsibilty here, my point is, because you missed it, that I relied on their "helping" me and they took advantage. Now, you want to deal with people like that, by all means, I will not. I've purchased a shotgun since and plan on more purchases within the next year.....and it won't be from them.

13. ar-trvlr

ar-trvlr New Member

MGS has then for $299

The importer's marks make a mess of the finish on the frame. Doesn't hurt the function, though.....