Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you keep your pistol while driving? I keep mine between the seat and the center console so it is readily available. I've seen some type of holster that straps to the seat and hangs between your legs and I've seen a kydex unit that can be bolted down.

What are some of your methods of driving with your weapon?

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,951 Posts
I have been known to put mine in the map pocket on the rear of the passenger seat. It's a natural position to draw from and is easily accessible. Sometimes in my wife's car, I'll put it in the pocket on the front edge of the drivers seat.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
I have a computer stand like in a police cruiser and mine fits perfect in the notch between the base, console and passenger seat. About 6 in. away from my beer in the cup holder. :lol:

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
In my hand resting at the 12 o'clock postion on the steering wheel..... No seriously, depending on the area I'm driving, I keep it in console under the radio, or postioned with muzzle down in the cup holder. The spare mag sits in handle area used to close the door. I carry like this normally when I'm alone, otherwise it's in the armrest.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I have two cupholders arranged front to back. I just stick the gun in it nose first, and lean the butt towards me. Or on the passenger seat (it doesn't slide around on the leather). When I get another, I'll have one in both places, in addition to the 1911 IWB. Guns are too cheap to look for the perfect solution, I'll just throw up as much crap as possible and see what sticks.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
In holster on belt, sometimes on floorboard, another one in glovebox, sometimes one in center console, too, occasionally one in trunk.

All depends on what I am driving. My normal car has no center console.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
I have a piece of an old holster that I'm eventually gonna mount in my car. For now the gun's either on my hip or laying on the seat next to me.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
My normal car has no center console.
I bought one for my Saturn. Makes a nice arm rest too.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
In holster on belt
+1

I've actually practiced drawing from the holster while seated and buckled. I can do it just as fast as when standing and much faster then opening the console or reaching under the seat.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
pro2am said:
The only problem I have with that is I'm right handed and I would have to grab it with my left hand and switch over.
You need to learn to shoot left handed. Don't make excuses. :rant:

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
pro2am said:
In the door map pocket. The only problem I have with that is I'm right handed and I would have to grab it with my left hand and switch over. But it is readily accessible. My console has other stuff in it.
Just make sure your license does not expire.

http://www.georgiapacking.org/caselaw/l ... state2.htm
Heaven forbid that the license expires and I don't renew it.

I could say the same thing to all of you that carry it in the holster on your belt while riding in the car.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,951 Posts
If I'm carrying my 1911 (which has been most of the time lately), I have trouble drawing it while seated. It may be that holster hasn't broken in yet. I need to practice doing so more often and see if that helps.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Adam5 said:
If I'm carrying my 1911 (which has been most of the time lately), I have trouble drawing it while seated. It may be that holster hasn't broken in yet. I need to practice doing so more often and see if that helps.
This is one spot where a kydex holster has a big advantage.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
USMC - Retired said:
[quote="Malum Prohibitum":ihzp29w6]In holster on belt
+1

I've actually practiced drawing from the holster while seated and buckled. I can do it just as fast as when standing and much faster then opening the console or reaching under the seat.[/quote:ihzp29w6]
+1 for me as well.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
USMC - Retired said:
Adam5 said:
This is one spot where a kydex holster has a big advantage.
:exactly:

1 - 20 of 109 Posts