Where is your pistol while driving?

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by PeaceKeepr, Oct 16, 2007.

1. PeaceKeepr

PeaceKeepr New Member

Where do you keep your pistol while driving? I keep mine between the seat and the center console so it is readily available. I've seen some type of holster that straps to the seat and hangs between your legs and I've seen a kydex unit that can be bolted down.

What are some of your methods of driving with your weapon?

2. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Between the seat and the center arm rest, and sometimes cross drawn on my left hip.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I have been known to put mine in the map pocket on the rear of the passenger seat. It's a natural position to draw from and is easily accessible. Sometimes in my wife's car, I'll put it in the pocket on the front edge of the drivers seat.

4. blind_shake

blind_shake Well-Known Member

I have a computer stand like in a police cruiser and mine fits perfect in the notch between the base, console and passenger seat. About 6 in. away from my beer in the cup holder. :lol:

5. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

In my hand resting at the 12 o'clock postion on the steering wheel..... No seriously, depending on the area I'm driving, I keep it in console under the radio, or postioned with muzzle down in the cup holder. The spare mag sits in handle area used to close the door. I carry like this normally when I'm alone, otherwise it's in the armrest.

6. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

I have two cupholders arranged front to back. I just stick the gun in it nose first, and lean the butt towards me. Or on the passenger seat (it doesn't slide around on the leather). When I get another, I'll have one in both places, in addition to the 1911 IWB. Guns are too cheap to look for the perfect solution, I'll just throw up as much crap as possible and see what sticks.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

In holster on belt, sometimes on floorboard, another one in glovebox, sometimes one in center console, too, occasionally one in trunk.

All depends on what I am driving. My normal car has no center console.

8. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I have a piece of an old holster that I'm eventually gonna mount in my car. For now the gun's either on my hip or laying on the seat next to me.

9. pro2am

pro2am New Member

In the door map pocket. The only problem I have with that is I'm right handed and I would have to grab it with my left hand and switch over. But it is readily accessible. My console has other stuff in it.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Just make sure your license does not expire.

https://www.georgiapacking.org/caselaw/l ... state2.htm

11. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I bought one for my Saturn. Makes a nice arm rest too.

12. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

+1

I've actually practiced drawing from the holster while seated and buckled. I can do it just as fast as when standing and much faster then opening the console or reaching under the seat.

13. Malum Prohibitum

:righton:

Openly exposed to the view of all onlookers . . . :lol:

14. ber950

ber950 Active Member

You need to learn to shoot left handed. Don't make excuses. :rant:

15. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Heaven forbid that the license expires and I don't renew it.

I could say the same thing to all of you that carry it in the holster on your belt while riding in the car.

16. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

If I'm carrying my 1911 (which has been most of the time lately), I have trouble drawing it while seated. It may be that holster hasn't broken in yet. I need to practice doing so more often and see if that helps.

17. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

This is one spot where a kydex holster has a big advantage.

18. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I've been carrying it in a Don Hume belt slide. If I can't get a good seated draw with practice I'll try a Comp-Tac holster.

19. merlock

merlock Active Member

+1

I've actually practiced drawing from the holster while seated and buckled. I can do it just as fast as when standing and much faster then opening the console or reaching under the seat.[/quote:ihzp29w6]
    +1 for me as well.

20. merlock

merlock Active Member

:exactly: