Where Do You Draw the Line?

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Malum Prohibitum, Aug 4, 2019.

1. A ban on all semiautomatic rifles

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. A ban on semiautomatic rifles manufactured after a certain date

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  3. A ban on magazines over 5 rounds

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  4. A ban on semiautomatic rifles made after a certain date with certain features

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  5. A full gun ban

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  6. A ban on ammunition in 5.56 or 7.62

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

With two mass shootings with high data tolls within 13 hours of each other, the cacophony of calls for gun control are deafening. Our current President has proven himself a populist on such matters, even using Executive Orders to force changes in agency regulations when needed to enact a restriction he thought would be popular.

I fear real action on gun control will come to fruition.

Where do you draw the line?

2. Malum Prohibitum

What will you be willing to fight for using force? It is a serious question.

3. Malum Prohibitum

I foresee a ban on semiautomatic rifles with certain characteristics made after a certain date. No sunset provision like in 1994.

Nobody will fight, because those most likely to fight already have "theirs."

4. Malum Prohibitum

But it will take away the ability of future generations, your children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren, to fight.

5. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

My option isn't on there so I can't vote: anything more restrictive than we have now.

6. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

This requires a Braveheart type personality to emerge to motivate people to fight for their freedoms.

gunsmoker likes this.
  7. Mrs_Esterhouse

I guess I would draw the line with all of the above, but what does the line mean exactly? Disapproval of laws? I guess I'm already there for that. Force? What do you mean by force? Disobedience? Smuggling? Armed insurrection? Rioting? Vandalism? Sabotage?

Is your poll asking where does one draw the line in general or where does one draw the line to where one would use force? And if force what force? Two very different things.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  8. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

The first ban, and soon, will be on large capacity mags.

9. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I don't think that there will be a ban on all semi-automatic rifles. That's not going to fly. I think what we will see is another National Assault Weapons ban (at least a solid attempt at it). Mind you, the last ban proved to have no effect on homicide rates, but effectiveness isn't what this is about anyway. Isn't Congress in recess? That may be the only thing that saves us from a knee-jerk reaction.

Certainly an attempt made be made on large capacity magazines - that may be something that the Republicans figure gun owners will stomach.

I don't see a ban on ammo, a ban on guns manufactured after a certain date, and I certainly don't see a full gun ban - that wouldn't pass constitutional challenges.

DonT likes this.
  10. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Watch the prices of rifles to see what the gun business expects.

11. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

It is just what the gun industry needs. There were sitting on a lot of inventory after Trump's election as everyone was expecting Hillary to win.

12. pml

pml Active Member

We are one Justice away from making guns illegal, so I wouldn't hang my hat on constitutionality.

13. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

14. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Tomorrow, Monday, the President will outline his new plans for gun control.

15. Mrs_Esterhouse

This is the future, today.

16. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

If Congress passes anti "assault weapon" or anti-magazine laws, I think they will be acting to carry out the will of the majority of the people (at that time).

So while our 2A rights will be violated, I won't lay all the blame on "the government." Or any one particular politician. Or party.

It will be the mob, the masses, doing it through their elected political leaders. The majority infringing on the constitutional rights of the minority (gun owners).

twood likes this.
  17. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I'd want to see where my fellow citizens, regular people-- not just hardcore gun nuts who frequent websites like this-- would draw the line.

What would it take to get Elmer Fudd to have an armed stand off against cops and other gov't agents?

Or Bugs Bunny? Porky Pig? Daffy Duck? Pepe LePew?

I don't think I'd grab my guns and storm the Bastille if only Yosemite Sam is on the 2A warpath.

18. Mrs_Esterhouse

Don't despair.

We have a few things going for us right now. Congress is in summer recess, and the shootings will be forgotten in three weeks. The NRA is imploding, and tens of thousands of its former members have moved over to SAF and GOA—organizations which actually fight -against- gun bans. Lastly, the second shooter was a Dem/Warren supporter, which will incentivize Dems and The Media to move quickly away from covering it incessantly.

Small secondary win: Tyson is pissing the antis off by taking the wind out of their emotional sails by stating actual facts.

rtxlwxqoahe31.jpg

19. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

There is talk of bringing Congress back into session...

20. Mrs_Esterhouse

Please join if you have not done so already. Donate extra if you have already joined.

Click:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DonT likes this.