Georgia Packing banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
7 Year Member
339 Posts
But you still let them make money using your money when they are not 2A supportive.
First: The big banks make little money today with the yield curve as it is.
Second: A bank today has unlimited liquid money from The Federal Reserve. Do you really think an account will change their business culture?

WFC has $316B in cash on hand. Do you think closing a $100,000 account is going to change them?

We should concentrate on giving to non-profit pro-gun organizations like this site.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,728 Posts
Probably not change their bottom line by a full penny. But will give you the satisfaction you don't support them. And if enough people bite on that penny they might notice.

Or just let them go on and think it matters to no one.

Nemo

Reactions: bzl

·
Registered
739 Posts
We should concentrate on giving to non-profit pro-gun organizations like this site.
This is a for profit anti-gun site, I wouldn't piss on it. Just log out and look at all the liberal political ads on the pages.

Now GCO on the other hand deserves more support than we give it.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I'm assuming if Suntrust (now Truist) has gun
buster signage, BB&T (now Truist) will too.
BB&t in Acworth has had gunbuster signs for over a year... I still carried in there and still do when the lobby is open

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,459 Posts
Does GCO still bank at Sun Trust?

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,728 Posts
BB&t in Acworth has had gunbuster signs for over a year... I still carried in there and still do when the lobby is open
You should change banks. And let them know why.

Nemo

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,728 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
United Community Bank, headquartered in Blairsville. Many branches across North Georgia. I once knew the former president of the Ellijay branch, he kept an AR behind his office door.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,017 Posts
Today is the first time I saw the new No-Guns signage on my local SunTrust front doors. Their lobby has been closed ever since COVID summer, so I haven't even tried to go in recently.
I do everything at the drive-through and so far they haven't complained about having guns in my vehicle!

If these Ghostbuster signs are still up when the lobby reopens for walk-in customers, I will ask to speak to the manager, and I might consider closing my account there and taking it somewhere else.
3872901E-CF86-4B9A-92B0-1CF51500AF1F.jpeg
C36D27F4-9EEF-4B4E-BC1A-10835A8325E4.jpeg

Reactions: Phil1979

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,728 Posts
Notice it says no weapons. My nickel says they consider a pocket knife a weapon.

Change banks.

Nemo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guns or no guns, I do not understand why anybody still uses traditional big banks. I have used credit unions for almost 40 years. I used a regular bank just once a few years ago because my credit union did not offer business accounts and I needed one. The bank was dreadful with lots of fees, crappy rates, rude tellers, and frequently changing rules and minimum balances. Thankfully, my CU now offers business accounts and that account is closed (which doing so was another story in awful big-bank customer service).

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I don't know the policies of any of the bank or credit unions I work with because I never paid attention since it doesn't carry any weight. Besides, it's all just an app now anyway. Heck with COVID, I've exchanged documents via email instead of going in for a lending related matter.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Credit Unions, only.

I can't stand banks and all their BS.

Reactions: Scout706

·
Swollen Member
11,889 Posts
I went to my local Suntrust (now Truist) branch yesterday and was very disappointed to
see the gun buster sign posted on their door. I have been openly carrying there since the
day I opened my accounts . I went straight to a manager to express my displeasure and
he tried to assure me that this is probably only temporary, and is an effort to prevent
altercations between customers who disagree about wearing covid masks, and to put bank
workers minds at ease.
He agreed with my logic that criminals do not pay any mind to such signs, and that license
holders are among the most law abiding citizens. Of course, this is not his decision, it comes
from higher up. If I choose to continue doing business with them and conceal, they will all
know it, and will not care, we are on a first name basis. They meet all of my needs and they
have a branch in Blue Ridge where I own property.
The problem is I would rather not give a bunch of antis my business, and fund theirs.
That is why I am seriously looking for a new bank. Does anyone know a 2A friendly bank,
preferably with branches in North Georgia as well as Atlanta? Bank of the Ozarks looks to
have potential, but they have limited number of branches in town, and I don't know if they
are gun friendly.
How is it that you physically have to enter a bank with all the deposit, withdraw and bill pay options available to you online and through the ATM?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts