Georgiapacking.org banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Señor Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local Suntrust (now Truist) branch yesterday and was very disappointed to
see the gun buster sign posted on their door. I have been openly carrying there since the
day I opened my accounts . I went straight to a manager to express my displeasure and
he tried to assure me that this is probably only temporary, and is an effort to prevent
altercations between customers who disagree about wearing covid masks, and to put bank
workers minds at ease.
He agreed with my logic that criminals do not pay any mind to such signs, and that license
holders are among the most law abiding citizens. Of course, this is not his decision, it comes
from higher up. If I choose to continue doing business with them and conceal, they will all
know it, and will not care, we are on a first name basis. They meet all of my needs and they
have a branch in Blue Ridge where I own property.
The problem is I would rather not give a bunch of antis my business, and fund theirs.
That is why I am seriously looking for a new bank. Does anyone know a 2A friendly bank,
preferably with branches in North Georgia as well as Atlanta? Bank of the Ozarks looks to
have potential, but they have limited number of branches in town, and I don't know if they
are gun friendly.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,678 Posts
Wells Fargo. They have no signs up here and anywhere I have been to one. They also have large financial dealings with the NRA.

Nemo

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,678 Posts
Another big good point about them is if you think Wells Fargo enough and watch the Wells Fargo (from 1957 et seq) program on Grit TV you will soon become much more believing in a Six Gun.

Nemo

·
Señor Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While I do not carry them often, I do have
several wheel guns in various calibers. :cool:

I will take a look at Wells Fargo. I remember the scandal
when they were opening fake accounts in clients' good
names. That is quite concerning. :shakehead:

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm tired of suntrust closing all the nearby branches and their ATM not working. I think I am going to start using Navy Federal more now that I am working near one again.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I've been with Wells Fargo for a long time. Got a small payment in apology for the bogus account opening. No big deal when their credit card came I just cut it up.

Last year, I had a difficult and very large financial problem that required a 'signature guarantee'. Took over a year of getting 'go away' from several banks and brokerage houses. Wells Fargo got it done and at a high level in the company, at no charge to me. That kind of good service makes me a customer.

I also have a Bank of America story, horrible one.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,678 Posts
I will take a look at Wells Fargo. I remember the scandal when they were opening fake accounts in clients' good
names. That is quite concerning. :shakehead:
Keep a standard close eye on your accounts and statements there. Get them in paper and not just online so you can make sure all details get noticed. An extra hour or so a month is always a good thing on money-ing stuff.

Nemo

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Probably in the minority here, but we have been with BOA for at least thirty years or more and have never had any kind of problem that was not quickly corrected unless it was my fault. (Overdraft for example). I have open carried in numerous branches and never been turned away. I had one security guard ask to see my carry permit years ago, but that was the only time. He was very nice about it and it made him more comfortable about someone walking into the branch with a firearm on their side, so I had no problem showing it to him. Have no plans on changing unless something really bad happens with them.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I would say BBB&T and Wells Fargo. Those are (by far) the biggest gun industry creditors. Wells Fargo is sometimes even jokingly referred to as "the NRA's bank".

And I would assume Capitol One; they handle Cabela's credit card processing, so one assumes they're fairly pro-2A.

If Wells Fargo ever turned anti-gun, that would be the height of irony indeed. At the least, they should be made to surrender that stage coach logo!

As for Bank of America, I'm a BoA Private Banking customer, so they're never going to challenge me on anything, but I don't recall any particular anti-2A signage.

DH

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
BB&T andSunTrust merged to form Truist so they are one and the same company now!
“I would say BBB&T and Wells Fargo. Those are (by far) the biggest gun industry creditors.”

Reactions: dhaller

·
Señor Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm assuming if Suntrust (now Truist) has gun
buster signage, BB&T (now Truist) will too.

·
Registered
13,441 Posts
...he tried to assure me that this is probably only temporary, and is an effort to prevent altercations between customers who disagree about wearing covid masks, and to put bank workers minds at ease.
No doubt instigated by the mindless feckless followers of the Face Diaper Cult.

Reactions: Phil1979

·
7 Year Member
337 Posts
I always ignore those signs at a business and have never been frisked. They can only ask you to leave.

I don't carry in places prohibited by GA Law (Court houses et al).

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,694 Posts
I carried openly in my Wells Fargo pre-Covid and pre-ballistic glass, with no issues. I conceal now and wear a mask. Probably more out of self-consciousness than anything else. Not the mask, just the concealing. Lol

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,678 Posts
I always ignore those signs at a business and have never been frisked. They can only ask you to leave.

I don't carry in places prohibited by GA Law (Court houses et al).
So you do not use your dollars to try to get them to realize the error of their ways?

Nemo

·
Senior Mumbler
6,361 Posts
I quit banking with Suntrust years ago when they began implementing fees just to bank with them, something Wachoiva (now Wells Fargo) taught them. I switched to Georgia's Own Credit Union and have been very happy with them.

·
7 Year Member
337 Posts
So you do not use your dollars to try to get them to realize the error of their ways?
That's it.

Most of my stuff is electronically transferred so no need to visit a bank lobby. If I get a check, I can take a picture of it and text it to them for deposit.

I am always concealed. I see no advantage in warning criminals that I am armed.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,678 Posts
But you still let them make money using your money when they are not 2A supportive.

Nemo

1 - 20 of 42 Posts