Where do I find info on Class III and C&R?

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by tace, May 17, 2007.

1. tace

tace New Member

Are the any find info on Class III and C&R processes in these forums or website?

Where would I find info on what I would need for silencers, etc. ?

Thanks

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

100 Uzi's on the C&R list?

FNFALs too?

3. bladeluv

bladeluv New Member

Class III and C&R are different in several ways.

HI:
    If you are getting a Class III Supressor (A.K.A.) Sliencers Then you go to the dealer who has the Full auto gun or if it is a supressor. Then you pay them full price. They then will fill out a form 4 transfer. You take the paper work with you and go get two passport photos from a photo shop gotta be 2"x2" photos. Then go and get fingerprinted in the county where you live and the dealer will Hold the weapon untill all clears. Then you must take paperwork photos and fingerprint cards to you county (CLO) Chief law offcer, Usually the Chief of police in your county. He must sign your paper work before anything else takes place. This is strickly up to the Chief law Officer! There is no laws at this time to make him sign for you! If he is a pro gun good guy you are set! IF it is a county (Big City) with high crime your chances of getting a singed paperwork is little to none! It is their call. All Counties are different. If your County will not sign try another agency like a DA Office.
    If all fails your out of luck!
    But looking on the bright side if it is signed go back to dealer give him the paperywork (Signed) plus you must give dealer $200.00 Tax for the transfer. He will mail it off to ATF and Usually within 90 days you will get your paper mailed back to you with the $200.00 TAX Stamp attached. Taked it back to dealer pick up your Class III weapon go home and enjoy! WHEW! Lots of work here and prayers to go thru! But again some Chiefs are very nice about siginning others will just laugh at you!
    Bladeluv

4. curtdiss

curtdiss Member

Anyone know how the CLEO in Cobb swings on this?

5. Dan H

Dan H New Member

I just got my paperwork in the mail from the ATF for C&R's

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'm waiting for mine, I requested it over the weekend.

7. M249

M249 New Member

Go to arfcom, the hometown GA forums, and learn about the "Trust Method" for getting your Title II items. Form a trust, and buy it that way. It's much easier, and no CLEO sign-off.

RUMOR MILL: <strike>I've been told the CLEO (Sheriff) will sign, but he's going to interview you, and it's not easy to get him to say "yep."</strike> See Above.

8. bladeluv

bladeluv New Member

CLO SIGN OFF!

I have been thru this process a few times and with friends as well, helping them. I can say without a doubt NO CLEO signature, and ATF in Washington will not send you a tax stamp! In larger cities like Atlanta and the burbs. You Just can't go in and chat and become best friends with the CLEO!! Usually a deputy assistance, will be the one you deal with! You may in larger cities never meet the CLEO!! A FACT! They take the form 4 papers to him and he either signs it or rejects it! You will not know till they call you to come back in!
    Now in North and South Georgia it may be very different, but if you are in a Major BURB Like the Counties that are close to Atlanta. Then the above must be followed.
    PS People get confused about the $200.00 TAX or for Any other weapon a $5.00 tax. These are a ONE TIME TAX, and if you sell the weapon to someone else then they would have to pay a tax for the transfer for the weapon....
    Thanks,
    Bladeluv

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I have done this in the Atlanta area more than once with no issues. CLEO simply signs.

Please give details and quit spreading rumors. If a CLEO refused to sign, please tell us which agency, name of he CLEO, and the date when it happened.

No more rumors on this issue on this site, please. This is an information site, not a rumor mill site.

"Keeping you informed . . ."

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

M249 and baldeluv, I am not singling you out, but we have encountered this type of posting before, and nobody ever backs it up. If this happened to you, we do want to know about it, but we need more detail than what you posted.

11. bladeluv

bladeluv New Member

CLEO

HI:
    I am NOT SAYING they can or will not sign! I am saying simply it is up to them if they want to do it or not! You can can also go to the DA Office as well. He Can or not sign as well. IT IS UP TO THEM ALWAYS! As time and trouble gets worse it seems. In class three NFA Guns check to make sure!

YOU ARE NOT in a shall sign country!!!!! IF in what ever state you live or county you live you gotta check! NOT ALL STATES ALLOW NFA GUNS and some states may allow Machine guns but not supressors!!!
    It is very many laws deal with different states and weapon types!
    Like someone said title II weapons, then get a license to make the firearms! Then there is also dealing with Dealer Samples, which a dealer can keep but can not sell to anyone else but law enforcment or another class three dealer! This is a fact. Get you a magazine or call NFA of the ATF, they are super nice and will walk anyone thru this process! Why try a weapon that is not allowed in some states? But my friend NO one is bound to sign for you, Most I think may do so. But before you do check you state and county, and call their office and just ask them if the CLEO will sign if you have a clean record? I never said they would turn you down, I said they can! Go to some of the info on class III dealer pages!
    To make this a bit more confusing, how about not having to have a CLEO if you form a CORPORATION?? Yes it is on the books a way to get around the laws abit! Again I am very PRO CLASS III weapons and thing the paper work is much misplaced and a bit dumb! But I still stand by that THEY DONOT HAVE TO SIGN! I AM NOT SAYING THEY WON'T DO IT! BE SECURE AND CALL THEM FIRST!
    Bladeluv

12. bladeluv

bladeluv New Member

Who pays the Transfer tax?

You are totally correct about who pays the tax! What always happens is the current owner of said weapon sells the gun to someone. At that point the seller will always collect the transfer tax from the new buyer or he can just add the tax cost to the price of the weapon. But in the end the new buyer is still the one who shells out the bucks for the transfer! But as you said, the seller is responsiable to pay the tax. The form 4 transfer papers with two 2"x2" Passport photos,and SIGNED SECTION by the CLEO and fingerprints cards with payment for transfer tax are sent to ATF. They go to Chicago first this is where the transfer tax is logged in and taken. Then all paper work goes to Washington and they are good about getting it back to you in 90 days or less!
    Just a helpful note about the 2"x2" pictures,Unless you are a professional
    at Pictures, go to a place that does take the passport pictures for you! The reason is that you must have a side photo that exposes part of your ear! And call ATF if you have any questions about the photos. Because if they are not taken within ATF rules they could reject your photos! No big deal but it will just take more time till you send them the new pictures that are accepatable to them. Do it correct and get your weapon faster, which is what we all want!
    Thanks,
    Bladeluv

13. bladeluv

bladeluv New Member

GAGunOwner How and why is $200.00 collected from Title II?

HI:GAGunOwner,
    Please explain why you have to pay the tax of $200.00 for a title II to make a weapon? I thought that when they got their license to manufactor a weapon and paid the big bucks to ATF to get their (SOT LICENSE) they were covered for making weapons? Please explain how the process works, I missed out on this information. The SOT License is (SPECIAL OPERATIONAL TAX) and I thought it was the tax that allowed them to Manufactor weapons? Gosh, this can be confussing, to me anyway!! HE!
    HE!
    Thanks,
    Bladeluv :eek:

14. bladeluv

bladeluv New Member

Good way to get Cleo to sign faster!

HI:
    I am slow to learn here!! I was talking and Malum Prohibitum had a very simple and good idea!! Why not post the best way I have found on CLEO who will sign!
    WELL Call the GBI Background folks at their headquaters and just tell them what you need a signature for a form 4 transfer. I have done this several times and they are super nice people to deal with! Let them know when you can come out and they will meet you downstairs and you can get your signoff fast with no hassle and a friendly face! I just can't say enough about how nice they have always been to me! I use to go the hard way in the County where I live and was takeing up to 3 months to get a signoff from my county CLEO. When I went to GBI I was shock at how professional they handle it! Go this route and it may save you time with your local county politics!
    Sorry I should have already listed them as a source! Also The county DA OFFICE can do it , but I don't know about time! GBI has always been my best route with people who will treat you like a human!
    Thanks,
    Bladeluv

15. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member