Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to get the BF a birthday present so where can I find a holster for a S&W Sigma 9mm that is an IWB. I looked at comptac and a few others and they don't list that pistol...

Or if you have any other ideas what a 23 y/o country boy might want please send them my way. Anything under about $200.

I am thinking of getting him a new knife too since his old one was lost at work so any suggestions?

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,950 Posts
How long untl his birthday? Tom at http://www.southernholsters.com has them listed on his site. His custom goods section is off for two more weeks while he catches up and takes redesigns his site. I have one of his 'Memphis' IWB holsters and a belt from him that I love. He's also making me a 'Savannah' OWB holster for my M&P9. He's also a GCO and GPDO member. :righton:

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
tdporter said:
You might check this site, looks like they have one.

http://www.donhume.com

I really like the Don Hume holsters. I usually order from http://www.gunnersalley.com/ though, save a few dollars and shipping is faster. You cannot search by gun on their site, which is why I listed the first link.
I have several Don Hume holsters and like them. I did have to re-mold one for a G19 that was just way too tight.

I've had bad experiences each time I have ordered from Gunner's Alley, but my experiences are NOT reflective of the vast majority of those that I have read on various forums.

I do strongly suggest that you call and verify that they have the holster in stock prior to placing your order. Twice I ordered from them only to find out later that they ordered the holster from the manufacturer upon receiving my order, and I had to wait for the holster to be made.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I did order one from Gunners Alley that was out of stock, they send me an email (the next day if I remember correctly) asking if I wanted to wait for to be made or canceled. I wasn't really in a hurry, so I waited.

Overall, I'm been very pleased with their service.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
need to get the BF a birthday present so where can I find a holster for a S&W Sigma 9mm
What a lucky guy to have a GF like you! I'm married 23 years and my wife still has no idea what type of gun I carry and no way would she ever think of buying me a holster.:shock:

I sure hope your guy appreciates you!! :lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
look at HK UMP 9 & 40 holsters

I had this pistol and a Forbus paddle (for sale by the way) that was made for the USP 9 fits the sigma as well. BTW this is the new one SW9VE or one of the older models?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you mean USP??? I don't know of a H/K UMP but I am the first to admit that I don't know everything.

So am I correct to assume a USP compact is the same size as the sigma 9mm. I figure it is the compact since it is the same size as my glock 19 and I think that is comparable to the USP compact not full size.

why couldn't the boy have just bought a glock!!!!

well obviously I didn't sort this out in time for his bday but he still needs a holster so the quest continues. he wants an OC with rentention. He loves the blackhawk cqc but they don't have it labeled for the sigma. I guess I will order the USP compact sized one and try it....

did i mention he should have just bought a glock!

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
glockgirl said:
Do you mean USP??? I don't know of a H/K UMP but I am the first to admit that I don't know everything.

So am I correct to assume a USP compact is the same size as the sigma 9mm. I figure it is the compact since it is the same size as my glock 19 and I think that is comparable to the USP compact not full size.

well obviously I didn't sort this out in time for his bday but he still needs a holster so the quest continues. he wants an OC with rentention. He loves the blackhawk cqc but they don't have it labeled for the sigma. I guess I will order the USP compact sized one and try it....

+1

So...what did you get him?...

·
Super Moderator
16,485 Posts
glockgirl said:

glockgirl, the UMP is an Hk subgun that looks really cool and is commonly found in .45, though .40 and 9mm variants exist: http://www.hkpro.com/ump.htm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts