Where are those Anarchists

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Nemo, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

2. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Word, always loved him. On this he is dead right as well.

I don't always agree with him 100%, but always respect what he has to say, and he just so happens to be dead right about this.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Walter Williams is no anarchist. Not even close.

4. phaed

phaed Active Member

i appreciate you posting that. there's some strong medicine within. as for whether he's an anarchist or not, if he's not there yet, he's definitely on the path.

5. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Did not indicate he was. I did note the anarchists around here might like his writings.

Nemo

6. EJR914

Yes, Walter is certainly no anarchist, he's a statist, but I will always respect him and his writings. Phaed, he better hurry up, because he is getting on up there in age lol

7. phaed

phaed Active Member

that last step is very short, but extremely difficult...for all of us, myself included. libertarians that make it there are faced with this choice:

1) can say you want more freedom, less government, without dealing with full cog dis, but remain a little intellectually dishonest

2) be intellectually honest, and you become a social pariah

even with the reality of that choice made plain to see, many would still choose #1

8. EJR914

Sometimes I wish I had chosen the intellectual dishonesty over being a social pariah, but in the end, I realize I couldn't have lived with the intellectual dishonesty in my life.

C'est la vie

9. phaed

phaed Active Member

humans are adept bull****ters, especially to ourselves, but i haven't figured out a way to ignore a truth that's so fundamental once discovered. that's what cog dis is all about.

and, that's why one gets such vehemently combative reactions from other people when all he does is ask if they'd let him be a free man.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017