When your Castle becomes Target Practice

Discussion in 'Georgia Crime Reports' started by apx_31088, Sep 7, 2016.

1. apx_31088

apx_31088 Member

[FONT=&quot]Note: When your Castle becomes Target Practice. What can you do, other than move?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gunfire hits house with 3 people inside [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]By Liz Fabian[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Three people were inside a Milledgeville house that was hit with gunfire early Wednesday.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Shortly after 1 a.m., police were called to a report of shots fired in the 100 block of Pine Avenue, according to a news release from the Milledgeville Police Department.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A house on the block was hit with multiple bullets while three people were inside, but no one was hurt.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Baldwin County deputies are investigating another shooting late Monday in the 1500 block of Irwinton Road. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]One round hit the house where a number of people were sleeping inside, said Capt. Brad King of the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“The folks don’t have any idea why someone would shoot at their house,†King said. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The community has been plagued by gang violence over the past year, but investigators are not sure what motivated the latest incidents.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“The easy way out is to blame everything on gang-related drive-bys, but that wouldn’t always necessarily be correct,†King said.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Anyone with information in the recent shootings is urged to call the Milledgeville Police Department Tip Line at 478-414-4413.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Read more here: http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article100369747.html#storylink=cpy[/FONT]

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Gang violence? What is this gang violence they speak of? Surely they mean gun violence otherwise they're destroying their own narrative. :popcorn:

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

If somebody is shooting up my house, and I have no idea where they are or how many are out there, I'm going to hunker down behind wooden furniture and wait for the lead to stop flying.

Then I can open the gun safe, put on body armor, grab the battle rifle, etc.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

If I had to live in the ghetto, I think I seriously and truly would stack of bricks along the outside wall of my home (the walls on the side of the public street. I mean inside the home.)
    Just stacked up on the floor, coming up about 4 feet, or to the level of the bottom of the windows directly under the windows.

Maybe wrapped in plastic and that plastic stapled or screwed to the wall at a few points (easy to patch and touch-up paint the holes later), so that a bullet strike doesn't make the whole wall collapse.