...when such vehicle is parked at such school property...

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by Mrs_Esterhouse, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

I can't tell you how nice it is not to be made into a felon. The wife and I have been to Emory and Emory Midtown countless times this year with our new child for routine checkups and vaccinations. If it was May, we would have been forced to render ourselves defenseless or commit felonious acts for merely wanting to protect ourselves. What a raw deal that was!

Some people are moved when singing or listening to music. For others it's reading a touching novel. Because of what it means to me and my family, I get a little verklempt when re-reading O.C.G.A. 16-11-127.1:

(7) A person who is licensed in accordance with Code Section 16-11-129 or issued a permit pursuant to Code Section 43-38-10, when such person carries or picks up a student at a school building, school function, or school property or on a bus or other transportation furnished by the school or a person who is licensed in accordance with Code Section 16-11-129 or issued a permit pursuant to Code Section 43-38-10 when he or she has any weapon legally kept within a vehicle when such vehicle is parked at such school property or is in transit through a designated school zone [s:12rb2wx5]by any person other than a student[/s:12rb2wx5];

2. krmbigmac

krmbigmac Active Member

Way to go GCO!!! and thank yourself for your hard work, as well.