When Seconds Count...Woman Robbed in Walmart Parking Lot

Discussion in 'Georgia Crime Reports' started by mountainpass, Oct 15, 2010.

1. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

That's a fast response time, thankfully the gunman didn't choose to shoot her.
    Link

2. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Doesn't Walmart have video cameras?

3. Aberk

Aberk Custom User Title

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure their lot cams have poor resolution.

4. Editingfx

Editingfx New Member

I was thinking about this incident, according to the witness's statement, and got to thinking "what if that was me". Hopefully I'd be collected enough to 1) throw my wallet with my left hand (I keep it in my left rear pocket) and 2) following the toss draw with my right and engage, while moving to cover. Thoughts?

5. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Does the thug know which pocket your wallet's in?

6. Editingfx

Editingfx New Member

Does the thug know which pocket your wallet's in?[/quote]

My point is that distracting them by throwing the wallet would give you some small opportunity to draw your weapon without it being the assailant's primary focus.

7. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Take a shot, they drive off with your wallet and GWL and then the LEO shows up on a call for a man firing a gun.

Truth is I've never liked what if scenarios. It means nothing and makes one look like they are looking for an opportunity.

8. Editingfx

Editingfx New Member

I disagree on "what if's" - I think they can be constructive as a learning tool. And in a forum, other opinions can show the strength or weakness of your "what if" decisions. "Looking for an opportunity"? No way! This is a reactionary, defensive situation we're considering. For example, a valid argument to my scenario would be to say "well, drawing to engage someone with a weapon already aimed at you will much more likely cause the assailant to shoot, rather than possibly take what they want & go".