Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atlanta police said they were on the scene in less than a minute, but it was too late.
That's a fast response time, thankfully the gunman didn't choose to shoot her.
Link

·
Senior Mumbler
6,434 Posts
Witnesses said the suspect was driving a dark green or black Chevy Suburban, but didn't get a good description of him. Police said he is still on the loose.
Doesn't Walmart have video cameras?

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts
phantoms said:
Witnesses said the suspect was driving a dark green or black Chevy Suburban, but didn't get a good description of him. Police said he is still on the loose.
Doesn't Walmart have video cameras?
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure their lot cams have poor resolution.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I was thinking about this incident, according to the witness's statement, and got to thinking "what if that was me". Hopefully I'd be collected enough to 1) throw my wallet with my left hand (I keep it in my left rear pocket) and 2) following the toss draw with my right and engage, while moving to cover. Thoughts?

·
Senior Mumbler
6,434 Posts
Editingfx said:
I was thinking about this incident, according to the witness's statement, and got to thinking "what if that was me". Hopefully I'd be collected enough to 1) throw my wallet with my left hand (I keep it in my left rear pocket) and 2) following the toss draw with my right and engage, while moving to cover. Thoughts?
Does the thug know which pocket your wallet's in?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Does the thug know which pocket your wallet's in?[/quote]

My point is that distracting them by throwing the wallet would give you some small opportunity to draw your weapon without it being the assailant's primary focus.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,434 Posts
Editingfx said:
My point is that distracting them by throwing the wallet would give you some small opportunity to draw your weapon without it being the assailant's primary focus.
Take a shot, they drive off with your wallet and GWL and then the LEO shows up on a call for a man firing a gun.

Truth is I've never liked what if scenarios. It means nothing and makes one look like they are looking for an opportunity.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I disagree on "what if's" - I think they can be constructive as a learning tool. And in a forum, other opinions can show the strength or weakness of your "what if" decisions. "Looking for an opportunity"? No way! This is a reactionary, defensive situation we're considering. For example, a valid argument to my scenario would be to say "well, drawing to engage someone with a weapon already aimed at you will much more likely cause the assailant to shoot, rather than possibly take what they want & go".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts