when did they start making a "super sport" jeep?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by 1str8shot, Sep 23, 2010.

1. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

did i miss meeting or something? when did they start making a "super sport" jeep cherokee?
    [​IMG]

2. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

by looking at the tail lights thats obviously an older jeep. They have started making the Jeep SRT's that are coming equiped with Hemi's but they dont have an SS logo.. are you sure it was a cherokee? Or was it a trailblazer? They sorta look the same in the older models. SS is a chevy thing. So if anything they added those.. Please tell me you thought it was a jeep but it was possibly a trail blazer :p

3. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

That appears to be a minor in the picture getting out of the car next to the Jeep. Did you have previous permission from the legal guardians of the minor to take the picture. If not, that's a Georgia misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature under OCGA 42-1-18 as Gunsmoker pointed out. Of course, if you didn't knowingly violate the code section, then it is ok....

4. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

[​IMG]

5. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

the picture is of the false badging on the vehicle. i dont see no minors.

6. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

lol I'm glad you knew it was fake :p Only some idiot that would do their jeep like that would add SS to the side of it. I'm not sure why ppl do that, they think its customization or something... They would be laughed the @#[email protected]#$ outta town if they showe dup to a jeep show :p

also I notice his lift.... If he wants to ride that thing high he should put some larger tires on it as well ;)

7. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

i dont think its going for any type of "custom" look, i think its going for the "el jeffe" look. the guy may even have a chromed 1911 in the glove box, with gold grips with fake diamonds studded into them them.

8. jsmn4vu

jsmn4vu New Member

The "SS" is pretty tasteful and subtle, and there's nothing outrageous about the look of that Jeep, so I'm wondering whether it's either tongue-in-cheek, or there's been a Chevy V8 transplant.

Edit: Whoops, I didn't see the other junk until it was pointed out. :oops:

9. vr6glidriver

vr6glidriver New Member

I'm glad to see the prerequisite press on vents, hood scoops, and rims (most likely with street "performance" tires)... Just the SS badge alone would have been horrible! :screwy:

10. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

and im not too sure, but i think thats an "LS" badge on the front edge of the door, near the fender. so, a LS SS jeep cherokee with white windshield wipers and plastid hood vents. oh boy.

11. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

Rims courtesty of "Rent-A-Rim, where if you can't afford 'em, you can still have 'em" (to put on your old POS car cause everyone knows rims make you THAT much cooler).