Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
7 Year Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just asking. I see folks offering an older rifle/handgun for twice as much as a year ago. Ammo is still expensive when you can find it (it's getting better).

I am hoping for next year? Anyone have an opinion?

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
PSA has had complete uppers and lowers on sale for $280/$120 for months. Anderson stripped lowers can be found for $40. Smith M&P pistols are below MSRP on Gunbroker. How low are you looking for?

·
7 Year Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a S&W Model 15 Sport with a 16" barrel:
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Shotgun Gun barrel

I have a S&W M&P Shield 9mm that I bought in 2017:

Revolver Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Wood

I am more looking for an older steel and wood gun from the older days. It could be a post-war revolver of a lever-action rifle.

Air gun Gun barrel Trigger Material property Gun accessory

Or an old Winchester lever-action rifle.

Wood Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun accessory

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I don’t think what was normal a few years ago will ever be normal again. It will cool down and that will be the new normal until the inevitable happens again. It’s 8 clicks up on the come along followed by a release of 5 clicks. Net gain always.

·
7 Year Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t think what was normal a few years ago will ever be normal again. It will cool down and that will be the new normal until the inevitable happens again.
Just saying, I am not hoping for higher prices or lower prices. I am thinking supply/demand. I see many new ammo and gun production factories coming back. It's the new Remington ammo factory getting up to speed (I saw the YouTube video), and the promised Ruger owned Marlin production. Among other possible supplies.

I am not predicting this, but I think the increase of supply of guns and ammo may happen. Most retailers are wait and see, and I don't blame them.

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
For lever guns, I would hazard a guess that the some things need to shake out with Sturm Ruger buying remnants of Marlin from the Remmington collapse. I was shocked at the going price of Marlin lever guns in a recent discussion with a friend.

·
7 Year Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For lever guns, I would hazard a guess that the some things need to shake out with Sturm Ruger buying remnants of Marlin from the Remington collapse. I was shocked at the going price of Marlin lever guns in a recent discussion with a friend.
It was a Marlin, and then Remington bought it and it was considered a Remlin, and now Ruger owns it. It's a Ruglin?

1. I'll say that I don't own a Winchester lever rifle beyond the 1970's (most are 1970's with three pre-1974).
  2. I don't own a S&W revolver beyond the P&R guns of the 1970's (most are 1950's).
  3. My Marlins (all Bulleye and JM barrel) are all 1970's or older.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I have started to see ammunition back on the shelves at Walmart. There’s not a whole lot, but there is ammunition back on the shelves. The price is higher but not outrageous.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,260 Posts
While supply may ease up some the pricing is the new normal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts