What's your choice for a great "road tune" when dr

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by AeroShooter, Jul 15, 2007.

1. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

This was a discussion thread on Fark. Thought it would be good to solicit the group here with the same question.

Here's my choices:

On my first trip to California, I was driving from Santa Clarita to Ventura, on the Ventura Highway, listening to Ventura Highway... it was very zen.

In general when I'm in California, I like to listen to America.

While driving the desert highways of the west, I like to pop in the sound track to The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly and just loop thru The Ecstasy of Gold & The Trio... over and over.

On my way to work, I like to listen to Woke Up This Morning (Alabama 3)

2. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

I have a pretty eclectic taste in music, but am currently listening to all of the American series of Johnny Cash and just bought the Cash Unearthed series as well.

Can't go wrong with Johnny.

3. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I just bought satellite radio; so, I'll most likely have on bluegrass or a talk channel when I'm on the road.

As far as CDs go, we have a gospel album by Alan Jackson that I like. It brings back good childhood memories of the old country church where all of my extended family went. It really reminds me of my grandmother.

4. merlock

merlock New Member

Sammy Hagar: I can't drive 55 :D 8)

5. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Pretty much anything by Iron Maiden. [​IMG]

6. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

80s, fast country stuff, classic rock, etc.

7. Mobster989

Mobster989 New Member

Some metallica and nirvana, good to go.

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I can't do a road trip without the blues mix on my Ipod. BB King, Memphis Slim, Canned Heat, Koko Taylor, Muddy waters.... etc, etc, etc. I also have to have my 80's rock mix. The bigger the hair on the band, the better. 8)

9. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Coheed, Radiohead, and Wilco all do it for me.

10. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

I find driving the interstates in downtown ATL is best done at 2 am with heavy-on-the-sax jazz playing

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Me, too. My boy loves Sirius bluegrass, and I just bought him the Aaron McDaris CD with Cottonmouth in the Canoe, his favorite!

He is also a big Charlie Daniels fan, with Devil Went Down to Georgia being his favorite. He wants to take violin lessons so he can play this stuff!

I am more of a talk radio guy. NRA has a talk show on channel 144, starting at 9:00 p.m.

12. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Encourage him!

Music is important for kids.

13. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Oh, I do! He is already taking piano lessons, and we are considering violin. I just hate that I cannot help him with it, as I have no talent, knowledge, or skills in this area.

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Tool, Nine Inch Nail, System of a Down, Rage Against the Machine, Smashing Pumpkins, 311, Deftones

15. rajl

rajl New Member

I like stuff with a fast beat, or stuff I can zone out too. Metal and hard rock fall into that first category, country falls into the second as far as I go. Some great driving tunes would include Stone Sour's "Through Glass" and Papa Roach's "Forever".

16. AV8R

AV8R Banned

I'm riding with Ramm from now on!

17. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

One of the best is "Magic Carpet Ride" by SteppenWolf.

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

What? No Willie Nelson, Hank Sr./Jr., etc.?

19. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Only if I'm on a road trip without my wife. She can't stand older country. Over all we mixed well when we got together. She brought 80's pop, jazz, classical, current pop, and techno. I brought Classic rock, 80's rock, metal, blues, country, and modern rock. Between the two of us, we have most of the bases covered. :D