What's that on the wall?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bodean, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Bodean

Bodean New Member

2. blind_shake

blind_shake Active Member

The owner waited until the robber shot first? :shock:

3. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Yeah, I'll bet. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

4. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

+1

Any of you been in many tat shops? They stick tight. I bet that guy was emptying mags just as fast as he could get the weapon drawn & half way aimed. Not that I see anything wrong with that. The BG had a gun & pointed it. That's all the provocation the owner needed.

5. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Overwhelming force is the way to go if you've decided to use deadly force. :D

6. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if the shotgun on the wall was loaded.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:righton:

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I actually had to say this in my Philosophy of Law class.

The general topic was murder and the distinction between killing and murder.

Eventually the topic drifted to self defense. They the teacher says, "well, there are limits on self defense. Like, if I have a gun in my house and someone breaks in I still have a duty to retreat if I can."

Ah....my bread and butter.....so naturally I raise my hand.

"Actually Sir, that is factually incorrect. There is no duty to retreat from either one's house or in public. In the state of Georgia we have what is called Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground laws. Castle Doctrine permits someone who reasonably fears for their life to use force up to and including deadly force. They do not have to try to escape from their own house."

"So you'd shoot someone if they were in your house trying to steal your TV?" the professor says.

"Yes, because I do not know if he is just there to steal my TV or murder me. I have no idea if he has a weapon and has the intent to use it on me."

"You don't think that is wrong?"

"I think the fact that he is in MY house stealing MY things is wrong. Remember, I'm not the one that broke into someone's house. I'm the victim."

At which point a girl to my right says, "Why don't you just shoot him in the leg?"

"You don't shoot in the leg because it does not stop the threat. You shoot for center mass because it contains the most vital organs. If I shoot him in the leg the robber can conceivably still use his hands; if he can use his hands then he can use a gun against me. You shoot to stop the threat; the fact that the robber may die as a result of the shots to stop him is incidental." I reply.

Yeah...this is gonna be a fun semester.

9. Malum Prohibitum

Is that enough to get the campus police called on you?

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I hope not. :roll:

11. Malum Prohibitum

Well, its firearms related.

12. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Offer to take her to the range and let her try to shoot a leg-shaped target from 21 feet after drinking 3 red bulls. I think she will quickly see why shooting for the leg is retarded.

13. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

Sigh... I miss college.

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Let them come. I'll be screaming First Amendment violation from the rooftops the second I am done talking to them.

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Well, this would be coming from the same school that had "Free Speech Zones" last October... It was the school that is to blame for those, wasn't it?

16. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

Fixed it for you.

17. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Ramm, is the professor in question a lawyer?

18. merlock

merlock New Member

Sounds like it.

+1 for correcting the instructor! :righton:

19. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Sad that you have to argue with a bunch of sissies in class.

Replace "stealing your TV" with "raping your daughter" and see how their attitudes change.