Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,703 Posts
As the shots flew, the second man cowered in a corner, saying, "Please don't kill me. I didn't have nothing to do with it," Patrick recalled.
Yeah, I'll bet. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
jgullock said:
As the shots flew, the second man cowered in a corner, saying, "Please don't kill me. I didn't have nothing to do with it," Patrick recalled.
Yeah, I'll bet. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
+1

Any of you been in many tat shops? They stick tight. I bet that guy was emptying mags just as fast as he could get the weapon drawn & half way aimed. Not that I see anything wrong with that. The BG had a gun & pointed it. That's all the provocation the owner needed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,703 Posts
Tinkerhell said:
jgullock said:
As the shots flew, the second man cowered in a corner, saying, "Please don't kill me. I didn't have nothing to do with it," Patrick recalled.
Yeah, I'll bet. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
+1

Any of you been in many tat shops? They stick tight. I bet that guy was emptying mags just as fast as he could get the weapon drawn & half way aimed. Not that I see anything wrong with that. The BG had a gun & pointed it. That's all the provocation the owner needed.
Overwhelming force is the way to go if you've decided to use deadly force. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
"Stop trying to rob, that's not the avenue they need to take," said the owner's brother, who goes by the name "Zok" Patrick.

"But if you do," he added, "be ready for the repercussions."
:righton:
I actually had to say this in my Philosophy of Law class.

The general topic was murder and the distinction between killing and murder.

Eventually the topic drifted to self defense. They the teacher says, "well, there are limits on self defense. Like, if I have a gun in my house and someone breaks in I still have a duty to retreat if I can."

Ah....my bread and butter.....so naturally I raise my hand.

"Actually Sir, that is factually incorrect. There is no duty to retreat from either one's house or in public. In the state of Georgia we have what is called Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground laws. Castle Doctrine permits someone who reasonably fears for their life to use force up to and including deadly force. They do not have to try to escape from their own house."

"So you'd shoot someone if they were in your house trying to steal your TV?" the professor says.

"Yes, because I do not know if he is just there to steal my TV or murder me. I have no idea if he has a weapon and has the intent to use it on me."

"You don't think that is wrong?"

"I think the fact that he is in MY house stealing MY things is wrong. Remember, I'm not the one that broke into someone's house. I'm the victim."

At which point a girl to my right says, "Why don't you just shoot him in the leg?"

"You don't shoot in the leg because it does not stop the threat. You shoot for center mass because it contains the most vital organs. If I shoot him in the leg the robber can conceivably still use his hands; if he can use his hands then he can use a gun against me. You shoot to stop the threat; the fact that the robber may die as a result of the shots to stop him is incidental." I reply.

Yeah...this is gonna be a fun semester.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,485 Posts
At which point a girl to my right says, "Why don't you just shoot him in the leg?"

"You don't shoot in the leg because it does not stop the threat. You shoot for center mass because it contains the most vital organs. If I shoot him in the leg the robber can conceivably still use his hands; if he can use his hands then he can use a gun against me. You shoot to stop the threat; the fact that the robber may die as a result of the shots to stop him is incidental." I reply.
Offer to take her to the range and let her try to shoot a leg-shaped target from 21 feet after drinking 3 red bulls. I think she will quickly see why shooting for the leg is retarded.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,313 Posts
Rammstein said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
"Stop trying to rob, that's not the avenue they need to take," said the owner's brother, who goes by the name "Zok" Patrick.

"But if you do," he added, "be ready for the repercussions."
:righton:
I actually had to say this in my Philosophy of Law class.

The general topic was murder and the distinction between killing and murder.

<snip>

At which point a girl to my right says, "Why don't you just shoot him in the leg?"

"You don't shoot in the leg because it does not stop the threat. You shoot for center mass because it contains the most vital organs. If I shoot him in the leg the robber can conceivably still use his hands; if he can use his hands then he can use a gun against me. You shoot to stop the threat; the fact that the robber may die as a result of the shots to stop him is incidental." I reply.

Yeah...this is gonna be a fun semester.
Sigh... I miss college.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Rammstein said:
Yeah...this is gonna be a fun semester.
Is that enough to get the campus police called on you?
Let them come. I'll be screaming First Amendment violation from the rooftops the second I am done talking to them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
Rammstein said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
Rammstein said:
Yeah...this is gonna be a fun semester.
Is that enough to get the campus police called on you?
Let them come. I'll be screaming First Amendment violation from the rooftops the second I am done talking to them.
Well, this would be coming from the same school that had "Free Speech Zones" last October... It was the school that is to blame for those, wasn't it?
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top